Trade Winds bldg

Darlene Wheeler

May 29, 2003
I was looking at an apartment for sale at Trade Winds in Sosua and a realtor told me the building had extensive EARTHQUAKE damage and that is why the apartments are so cheap. Is there any truth to this or is he trying to sell me something more expensive?

Any other commects on this building would be appreciated. I am looking to by to rent to tourists as an investment.

What are the monthly fees also.

Thanks

Jerry K

Jan 1, 2002
News to me

Puerto Plata had the real earthquake damage. Tradewinds is getting a little long in the tooth but it is a respectable value. Nice pool, but a bit of noise in the past from the car wash down the highway. Can't help you with the fees.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Darlene Wheeler said:
I was looking at an apartment for sale at Trade Winds in Sosua and a realtor told me the building had extensive EARTHQUAKE damage and that is why the apartments are so cheap. Is there any truth to this or is he trying to sell me something more expensive?

Any other commects on this building would be appreciated. I am looking to by to rent to tourists as an investment.

What are the monthly fees also.

Thanks

What I know there is no damage from the earthquake. I believe he monthly fee is around 180 USD, excluding electricity. TradeWinds is a nice area.

Two questions:
How do you define "cheap"?
What are you planning to rent out the apartment for?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I don't know much about Tradewinds other than the prices haven't risen in the last 2 years like the rest of Sosua has. There must be a reason for this.

I never noticed nor heard about earthquake damage but I wouldn't doubt there is minor damage there.