Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dentists in Puerto Plata

Hi,

I have Salud Bucal Insurance with ARS CoopSalud (Copal) They list all the following doctors in Puerto Plata, can anyone recommend someone from this list?

My family and I thank you. Fernando.
    Alestris Senior
    Elby J Francisco R
    Freddy Lepe
    Gloria Cabreara
    Jose Alberto Reyes
    Lourdes Lantigua
    Maria L Gomez
    Soraya Bujosa
    Vivian Perez de Finke

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You will find some recommendations here http://www.dr1.com/forums/search.php?searchid=404816

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Freddy Lepe. Speaks english

.............. ?
    Post Thanks / Like

I went to Jose Reyes, good office, easy to locate, Speaks english, did a very good job. He is friendly and understands being petrified of dentists.....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We go to Lepe.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been going to Fredy Lepe for 11 years. The practice has grown.......he now has an endodontist, Joaquin Lopez (root canals) & an orthodontist (braces) whose name I don't have, but who happened to be there when I had a root canal just before Christmas. This man is hilarious.........he is a Pakistani with a VERY British sense of humour. I was having my root canal done by Dr. Lopez & the orthodontist somehow found a large Black & Decker drill & burst into the surgery I was in........I would imagine he is great with the kids needing braces! Also fluent English, of course, plus Spanish, probably a trace of other languages too!

The dental work in this practice, in my experience, is fine. Their understanding of time keeping, well, I'm still working on it. They learn, though. The first afternoon appointment is 2.30. Dr. Lopez showed at 3, having been phoned by Frede Lepe to tell him he had an ENGLISH patient waiting! They have now altered their afternoon start to 3pm!!! Vamos a ver whether that actually means 3.30 or not.........I'll let you know tomorrow.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I know freddy lepe for many years. Many friends of mine go to him and I have sent many satisfied patients to him over many years of time frame. He is the best in puerto Plata region (in my opinion). He sees more patients than any other dentist in the region, that alone will speak of his reputation. Don't listen to a single bad experience that is listed by someone on this board, there are people who just can't be satisfied.
    AZB

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Dr. Carlos Martin Sanchez in POP (near Banco Popular/Central Park)

Has anyone been to him and if so, would you recommend him? Good/bad experiences welcome.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you all for your prompt reply. We have made an appointment for friday with Dr. Lepe's office.

Salud,

Fernando.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

JDJones,
    You went to a dentist WITH an abscess? (You not the dentist!). I'd never do that...........when Joaquin Lopez did my root canal before Christmas, before I went to him, having felt the incessant throbbing & knowing I had an infection, I put myself on a course of antibiotics to clear it before I went. There is no way I'd let a dentist anywhere near my mouth whilst I had an abscess, because of the increased risk of transmission of bacteria into the bloodstream & the ensuing problems that can cause. My dentist in UK would never operate whilst I had an abscess, & I maintain her advice is good for this country, too.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast