DHL to PoP

nickkieswetter

Aug 6, 2003
Hi Guys,

I think that this is a fairly straight forward question, I am having some parts for my car shipped over from the US by DHL, can someone please tell me what process is going to be involved with paying any duty on these items? Where do I have to go to pay etc? Or will I have to pay the courier direct?

Regards

Nick

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
A year ago, we had some ESL materials shipped from Cambridge University Press in England because the US distributor was out of stock. The shipment cleared customs in SD, but DHL never notified us of the amount due.

You will need to track the shipment online and call DHL in SD to inquire about paying the duty. Once that was taken care of, the shipment was delivered to POP promptly.

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
nickkieswetter said:
Hi Guys,

I think that this is a fairly straight forward question, I am having some parts for my car shipped over from the US by DHL, can someone please tell me what process is going to be involved with paying any duty on these items? Where do I have to go to pay etc? Or will I have to pay the courier direct?

Regards

Nick

Hi Nick
had some small car-parts shipped Fed-ex to EPS in Sosua for my attention late last year. Didn't feel comfortable with Fed-ex finding my house so I used a business address that I knew they would find.
EPS/Fed-ex handled all customs clearance and I just picked it up at their office.
Fed-ex charges were over US$100 and EPS charges were about 1,600 pesos.
You can get DHL shipments sent there as well. I presume Business Mail or similar in POP will receive it for you
cheers
Graham

nickkieswetter

Aug 6, 2003
Thanks Graham

Yeah thats what I was planning to do, i just didnt know where I would have to pay the customs charge.

Thanks again

Nick