No laundramats in DR

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
My daughter in law is in Boca Chica right now and said that there are no laundramats that she knew of in the DR? That you can get your laundry done for you but that you cannot do it yourself? Just wondering is the reason that would be true due to no one having the money to use them, irratic supply of water and electricity or???

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Teacher said:
My daughter in law is in Boca Chica right now and said that there are no laundramats that she knew of in the DR? That you can get your laundry done for you but that you cannot do it yourself? Just wondering is the reason that would be true due to no one having the money to use them, irratic supply of water and electricity or???

Boca Chica Resort aka Dominican Bay has ones you can use, so I have heard. Since hotel maids make zilch and do a good job, ask them to wash and dry it for you.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm sure she will find someone in BC to help her out, just need to ask around.

Yes, the DR does have laudramats, actually I have one 2 mins from my apartment in Santo Domingo.

hollywood north

Dec 11, 2002
www.cybersecretary.ca
The only place I remember seeing a laundramat was on a resort with time share that I stayed at...and the machines used U.S. coins, so I was out of luck since I am not American and was not in an American country I was not expecting that.

I agree with asking a maid to do it for you, and a damned good job they will do too.
HN
Happy New Year everyone at DR1.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
As others have indicated, there isn't the same demand for laundromats here that there is in your country. Ask one of the hotel maids if she can help you. You'll be pleasantly surprised how clean the clothes are when she brings them back.

PuertoRican2

Dec 20, 2004
Teacher said:

The Dominican Republic is a caribbean island and like in most islands people are use to wash there own clothes but there are some laundramats in the capital Santo Domingo and some other cities.

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
PuertoRican2 said:
The Dominican Republic is a caribbean island and like in most islands people are use to wash there own clothes but there are some laundramats in the capital Santo Domingo and some other cities.

Thanks everyone for the insights about laundry

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There is one or two in Santiago.

One that I know of is on Calle Vicente Estrella, near where it crosses Calle Sabana Larga.

HB :D:D

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Hillbilly said:
One that I know of is on Calle Vicente Estrella, near where it crosses Calle Sabana Larga.

HB :D:D

Mind you a tad of a long commute form Boca Chica to get clean undies.