Breakfast at Rockies in Sosua

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
During my trips to Sosua, we usually eat here everyday. I noticed during the course of my breakfast maybe 20-30 people usually end up there. Many are those living there and 80% are from this board. If you are new to Sosua, stop by and shout out DR1 and someone will say "over here!"

You are never alone, even when you log off!

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Just remember to be very patience, it's the slowest breakfast service in town.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Tor said:
Just remember to be very patience, it's the slowest breakfast service in town.

I actually watched them cook my breakfast. They assume only 1 person will order bacon so they make one order at a time. I cooked my own eggs in under a minute.

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
Jimmydr said:
I actually watched them cook my breakfast. They assume only 1 person will order bacon so they make one order at a time. I cooked my own eggs in under a minute.

Can you please clarify if Rocky's = La Roca?

Thanks!

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Rocky's Breakfast - time in AM ? ?

What time does the gathering of the DR1 clan & other foreigners usually occur?? English probably spoken? Thank you.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
food at rocky's

I would have never said anything, but since this subject has come up:
I find the breakfast at rockys below average.
the bacon is burned, and so are the potatoes.
the free coffee refills are great, but the brew itself looks more like tea.

please marco, take this as constructive critique.

I now go to La Roca which I think beats all breakfast places in sosua.

regards x.

edit: other than that I like rockys very much its nice, roomy, quiet
and fun to sit around with a glass of wine and a big cigar.

Ben

Feb 2, 2004
I enjoyed the food

I stopped by Rocky's for breakfast during a recent trip (December) and thought breakfast was first rate. Especially liked the bacon. I'd say the coffee is American style. Of course the free extras like great conversation and friendly people: priceless.

Haven't breakfasted at La Roca yet but will definitely try it next time since x_man recommends it so highly.

Ben

travelling

Feb 20, 2003
New spot?

Breakfast in Sosua....if anyone else is tired of the old stand by's, try Melons- they have a new menu and an "american" breakfast for a few more pesos than la Roca, and it is a VERY pleasant change! Residents menu and no tax for locals- give it a try- three types of meat are included- bacon, ham AND sausage.

Stephan

Jun 20, 2004
Ben said:
I stopped by Rocky's for breakfast during a recent trip (December) and thought breakfast was first rate. Especially liked the bacon. I'd say the coffee is American style. Of course the free extras like great conversation and friendly people: priceless.

Haven't breakfasted at La Roca yet but will definitely try it next time since x_man recommends it so highly.

Ben

Had breakfast several times at Rockys.
Coffee could be stronger by european standards. Liked the bacon too.
Meeting friendly people indeed is priceless, so had no problems with waiting some minutes.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Jimmydr said:
when I was in Sosua and I am there 7 weeks a year, I get there around 8am.
Yes we all go other places for breakfast or just don't eat when Jimmy isn't around:) The tourists change almost daily but the expats don't. Always plenty of people "even" when Jimmy isn't there!

You will have company from 7:30 am at Rockys. When Rick returns this month even earlier since he gets in the kitchen to make coffee even before the cook and waitress get to work. When he left last year a bunch of us were considering sending him a ticket!:)

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
travelling said:
Breakfast in Sosua....if anyone else is tired of the old stand by's, try Melons- they have a new menu and an "american" breakfast for a few more pesos than la Roca, and it is a VERY pleasant change! Residents menu and no tax for locals- give it a try- three types of meat are included- bacon, ham AND sausage.

Where are they located?

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Escott said:
You will have company from 7:30 am at Rockys. When Rick returns this month even earlier since he gets in the kitchen to make coffee even before the cook and waitress get to work. When he left last year a bunch of us were considering sending him a ticket!:)

Escott, I'm going to be in SD Jan. 18, for a few days, and will be in Sosua on Jan. 21. The coffee will be ready early on the 22. Rick

Gregg

Apr 26, 2004
breakfasts are excellent

had at least 4 breakfasts at Rocky's last summer. excellent food, eggs done just right. no complaints except.... i smoke too much being around other smokers where you can (gasp) smoke in a restaurant!

would have been worth it at twice the price and half as good. the networking is invaluable!

Gregg

only other complaint is i ate too much and drank too much coffee to begin a day in the heat...

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Gregg said:
had at least 4 breakfasts at Rocky's last summer. excellent food, eggs done just right. no complaints except.... i smoke too much being around other smokers where you can (gasp) smoke in a restaurant!

would have been worth it at twice the price and half as good. the networking is invaluable!

Gregg

only other complaint is i ate too much and drank too much coffee to begin a day in the heat...

I had 50 during the year and it was done fine. Rockies is a nice place to meet with other board members, surf the net or just relax.