Anybody living in the South of the Country

hugoke01

Dec 31, 2004
I have read a lot of comments and questions related to a variety of subjects but my impression is that most probably not all of the chats are related to a small part of the Dominican Republic .. I have visited several times the DR (in total about 8 months ) and most of the time I spent in Jarabacoa , Santo Domingo and the South of the country as my wife is from there . We will probably move to the D.R. by end of this year .. A few years ago we bought a small appartment in the North (Sosua ) but we would like to built a house somewhere closer to the capital ..maybe San Cristobal or in the South Bani , Asua or even close to Barahone ..Therefore would like to know whether anybody has lived in the South or is still living there who could help me to find the right place to live in the South .. All recommendations are welcome m although don't believe that many of you do know the South..

Many thanks for any help you can provide

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
'The South' in the DR refers to the area to the SW of the capital: San Cristobal, Bani, Azua, Barahona, etc. This appears to be what the poster is asking about. We in the capital don't count. ;)

There are a couple of posters who live or have lived in that region, but I can't remember who. You could try searching the forums.