furniture shopping

Ottawa

Jan 3, 2005
We want to buy a futon and some smaller items for our condo in sosua; any suggestions for where to purchase at a reasonable price ? We are on foot, but willing to take Caribe bus or public taxi.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
We had a talk about this "futon" thing

You might want to look it up under the SEARCH function at the top of this page.

If you want, there are a couple of places in Santiago that you can look.

If you'll PM me, we can maybe set something up to lessen the " impact"

HB :D:D

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
In Puerto Plata, as Scott indicated, Casa Nelson is a good place to start your search. If you don't find what you are looking for there, go to Santiago. It is close enough to make the round trip in one day and still have plenty of time for shopping. Hillbilly can give you good advice on where to go.

Ottawa

Jan 3, 2005
re futon....

thanks guys and I used the search.......I see that you have been through the futon question before. This is great help....shopping for household items in and around Sosua is relatively new for us. Anyone know anything about flee markets in the area? We love to snoop. Cannot wait for retirement!!!!

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Ottawa said:
We want to buy a futon and some smaller items for our condo in sosua; any suggestions for where to purchase at a reasonable price ? We are on foot, but willing to take Caribe bus or public taxi.

Right before Sebanata there is a guy that sells lots of stuff on the side of the road. Desks, tables, chairs, etc. I bought 8,000 pesos worth, gave a 1,000 deposit and he delivered the next day. You can take a gwa gwa there.