BOMBA:North American Airlines will terminate regular service to STI

Jun 5, 2004
As of Febuary 1st 2005 North American Airlines will no longer fly to Cibao International. This was the last destination the airline offered in the Dominican Republic regularly. It seems like NA has changed the travelling to the DR to Cancun Mexico and Hawaii along with Okland in the US. I guess its all up to the big guys in STI now.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
And................

Caribair starts Jan 15th with service to Santiago de Cuba for US$310 roundtrip

Probably on jetstream turboprops and it leaves to cuba mid morning and comes to sti mid afternoon.........

Delta will fly sti April 1st.......

shame north american is terminating service, it has been a big rumor around sti in the winter......

STIOP

Jun 5, 2004
Wondering...............................

STIOP said:
Caribair starts Jan 15th with service to Santiago de Cuba for US$310 roundtrip

Probably on jetstream turboprops and it leaves to cuba mid morning and comes to sti mid afternoon.........

Delta will fly sti April 1st.......

shame north american is terminating service, it has been a big rumor around sti in the winter......

STIOP

Delta's service is it daily what will the schedule be? Is this confirmed? Is there a website where i can get STI schedule but its like from last year

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
As right now Dl dont have make any way to fly to sti....still on conversation for now.

Also their will may remove the main delta for a Song services .

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
MMMMMM... well

I think u should all go (or if u don`t live in DR, send somebody that does) check out the big *** sing that Delta has anouncing their operation in the beginning of april in Santiago.......

If not, i`m getting blind.....
and on top of that it`s been around STI for months now that Delta is gonna start service in the 1st quarter of 2005

Regards
STIOP

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
apdomini100max said:
As of Febuary 1st 2005 North American Airlines will no longer fly to Cibao International. This was the last destination the airline offered in the Dominican Republic regularly. It seems like NA has changed the travelling to the DR to Cancun Mexico and Hawaii along with Okland in the US. I guess its all up to the big guys in STI now.

Where did you hear this from? Is too bad because they had cheap fares to sti from jfk. Hope they re -consider and keep those flights to sti.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Well the intent always been to pull one plane out jfk-sdq to start operation to STI .

But as right now...nothinz comfirm as yet for any day services.
We are looking for that services soon.
As always dl policy, their will inform to the shareholders and employee.

I will post more info regarding the new services with more deltails, last time i spoke to the vice president of international alliances i sugest that we should start services to STI and also ATL-REP. DOM...(to eny airport or PUJ ).

I will post on WED if i have more info on this.

STIOP. HAve u seen any Delta Technology guys down at sti?

Last edited:

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
Were/are the flights to STI full? I've often wondered who was filling those planes. Unless your from NYC or MIA, its much cheaper to fly into Puerto Plata. Plus POP has beaches, resorts, etc.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Replyy for latino and Big City

Latino2002.... Not they haven`t....
The rumor is flying all over STI so i decided to ask DGAC (Civil Aeronautics) if Delta had permission to fly the jfk-sti route.... he told me that they didnt, but quickly pointed out that Jetblue didn`t have it and they were announcing they`re service, so afterwards they got approval..... looks like Delta is doing the same thing, because one of my co-workers told me that he saw a Sign on the left field side of CIbao Stadium (home of Las Aguilas Cibae?as) that indicated that delta would start service in April to STI...... I`m going to try and confirm this, but i have already heard that is definetly 1st quarter 2005

Big City.......

Definetly that POP is the perfect airport (like PUJ) for our great tourist spots that we have in DR.... but i have to point out that the majority of DOminicans abroad fly trhu NY and Miami. On top of that the majority of those are from the cibao area and even Villa Altagracia, Bonao and la Vega use STI for their travel just because of the convenience to get to the airport...... I love POP is the airport i used all my life but i gotta say when u have a airport that`s closer and your getting more frecuency of flights ( AA in STI 4 daily flights to NY vs 1 in POP, and 2 AE in STI instead of one in POP)
u think about the one hour trip to POP vs the 10 to 15 min trip to STI.....
My point is... STI is getting more dominican passengers than POP...... We had 2 1/2 weeks of filled up A300 from american airlinesf rom NY, plus COntinental, North American and JetBlue........ the airlines are doing good here, prices are low (way lower than at the beginning of the airport) and everything gets done so that the passanger likes the airport and its service......
Now...since Christmas is over all of the flights are leaving full to NY.....

Hope this help u with ur questions......

Saludos Pa mi gente de DR1...

Always a pleasure

STIOP

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Its a shame that North american airlines leaving the country to operated from Oakland,california to Mexico. Stiop how was the loads on NAA in STI airport. Soon Delta airlines will fly to Santiago or other airport in Dominican republic. Maybe North american airlines will come back to STI and SDQ in the near future. ;)

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
Hey Santo!!!!

The load factor for NA was actually good in december....... but before that it was awful!!!!!!

You know...... everybody does good in december, but their service had come down before december and customer were not very happy with the airline......

I heard that their are going to concentrate in some kind of contract with the US military.........

Before crhistmas their load factor was really bad...

They are already anouncing the Delta Service in STI trhu the baseball games in the radio............

Saludos!!!!!!!!!!

STIOP

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I see, but remember Dl is the oficial airlines for the dominican baseball.

Also dl sell seat from ewr-sti on Continental.
CO 851 also a codeshare dl 2785.

btw delta open the baseball season our international director tiro la 1st bola con Leonel.

santanatwins

Jan 20, 2004
Last perk gone

Well...the powers that be at North American have decided to stop flying to STI and BQN in puerto rico. Being a North American employee myself, it truly is a sad day for me.

I blame the poor promotions for the low load factor. It just doesn't make sense. After working for two years to establish yourself in a market you decide to leave just because Jet Blue comes into the market. I always thought that the thing to do was increase advertising when your faced with competition.

Oh well,.................Jet Blue, here I come. They seem to be doing well in the same market. Shame......it just doesn't make sense.

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
So North american is leaving JFK operation to do so kind of military and to fly from Oakland to Hawail and Mexico city. At least Jetblue fly from JFK to Aguadilla, Santiago and santo domingo and their loads are very good and Delta will fly soon to santiago. Sorry santanatwins to heard that.

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
STIOP said:
Big City.......

Definetly that POP is the perfect airport (like PUJ) for our great tourist spots that we have in DR.... but i have to point out that the majority of DOminicans abroad fly trhu NY and Miami. On top of that the majority of those are from the cibao area and even Villa Altagracia, Bonao and la Vega use STI for their travel just because of the convenience to get to the airport...... I love POP is the airport i used all my life but i gotta say when u have a airport that`s closer and your getting more frecuency of flights ( AA in STI 4 daily flights to NY vs 1 in POP, and 2 AE in STI instead of one in POP)
u think about the one hour trip to POP vs the 10 to 15 min trip to STI.....
My point is... STI is getting more dominican passengers than POP...... We had 2 1/2 weeks of filled up A300 from american airlinesf rom NY, plus COntinental, North American and JetBlue........ the airlines are doing good here, prices are low (way lower than at the beginning of the airport) and everything gets done so that the passanger likes the airport and its service......
Now...since Christmas is over all of the flights are leaving full to NY.....

Hope this help u with ur questions......
I understand that alot of Dominicans travel back to Santiago, but didn't realize that many. I just thought it would be more profitable to have a flight into POP instead.

STIOP

Jun 11, 2004
For SantoBonao...

They're right now leaving sti with around 145 to 156 (full) and inbound they`re bringing anywhere in between 110 to 130 although saturday they brougth 144......

by the way North American 117pax inbound..........

don`t know about Sdq, but in STI.... they're doing gooood...
American is just plain big in STi..... ALL the A300's leaving with over 260pax to NY now that everybody is going back to NY........ and they are coming in with over 200.... American is alive and well in STI.........

Hope this helps!!!!
STIOP