Realters' Websites?

bushit

Dec 29, 2004
locham.blogspot.com
Hi all: I'm wondering if any of you knows of a good real estate agent website but one that lists "normal" properties not "exclusive villas" for half a million and similar. I'm looking for a nice, cozy apartment in or around Santo Domingo for about US$ 35-40,000.

TIA!

--Michael

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
bushit said:
Hi all: I'm wondering if any of you knows of a good real estate agent website but one that lists "normal" properties not "exclusive villas" for half a million and similar. I'm looking for a nice, cozy apartment in or around Santo Domingo for about US$ 35-40,000.

TIA!

--Michael

The only site covering Santo Domingo is http://super-casas.com

bushit

Dec 29, 2004
locham.blogspot.com
Hm...guess not too many, huh? :(

What about websites with real estate for Puerto Plata , then? Again, no fancy villas; just "normal" apartments...?

Michael

bushit

Dec 29, 2004
locham.blogspot.com
Thanks, Robert. I've seen that section before and it seems to be oriented on Sousa rather than PoP. I know there are small and affordable apartments available in Pop, Santiago and even SD; I just can't find any on the Internet. I don't want to spend more than US$ 40,000 because I only need something small and something I plan to use as more a holiday home than a place to live.

Michael

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Bushit: Try this site Aqui Tu Casa The website kind of sux, but I think they have what you're looking for. I saw quite a few appartments around your price range. Most of them don't have any pics, though.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
You really should come here, stay in a apart-hotel, not too fancy, and then start walking the neighborhoods that you like, look for signs, watch the classified ads, try to do it without an agent, make sure you use a lawyer for the closing, make sure your getting clear title, ask the seller if he has title before you seriously start considering his apartment. You should have no problem finding something for 40K(currently about 1.2 million), I know of a really nice 1 bedroom, new building, that would probably go for that. PM me if you want the builder's phone number.

drtampa

Bronze
Oct 1, 2004
New Ulm, TX
Hi Michael, did you try realestate.com.do? I saw really nice apartments there in touristic areas and I think you can find what you are looking for there. Good luck. :eek:)

Since Michael has not been on this site in three and a half years there is a good chance he will miss your post.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com

TIA!

--Michael

Check the banks in and around Santo Domingo too. They often "endorse" development projects around town which are geared towards Dominican first time buyers. Prices can start just below 1 Million Pesos and up. If you don't see fliers on the desk, ask to speak to the mortgage manager... they may know or know who knows.
Many will be out around Santo Domingo "Norte" or other yet not so centric locations however.

... J-D.