Maid for hire?

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
How did those of you with maids find them? I hired a maid based on a recommendation from a friend--the niece of her sister's housekeeper--but now a new friend of mine who just moved here is in the market for a maid, and no one I know knows anyone who is available. I was lucky, but I have heard many horror stories about dishonest maids, etc. If anyone has any info on where/how to look, or the availability of anybody, please PM me so I can pass the info along. I think she prefers someone who does not need to live in, but a live-in might be do-able under the right conditions.

mislarimar

Nov 19, 2004
www.adventuretour.net
What is a reasenable pay ( wage) to pay a maid ?
And also,how do you find one?
I want to pay my maid a fair amount of pesos for her work and treat her with alot of respect.
We will be living in sosua.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
mislarimar said:
What is a reasenable pay ( wage) to pay a maid ?
And also,how do you find one?
I want to pay my maid a fair amount of pesos for her work and treat her with alot of respect.
We will be living in sosua.

We pay her 3,000 pesos a month plus food. She eats what we eat. I had shrimp 6 nights and so did she. I had cookies and brownies and so did her kid. We feed them well.

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Jimmydr

Jimmydr said:
My novia has a maid. The first one quit and she replaced her 2 days later. 100's are looking for those jobs.

Probably true, but how does one find them? None of my Spanish-speaking friends know of anyone. Is there an agency of some sort or is it all word of mouth?

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
DogsRule said:
Probably true, but how does one find them? None of my Spanish-speaking friends know of anyone. Is there an agency of some sort or is it all word of mouth?

I can ask her to look around, seems like they all want to work for me. Where are you located? Sosua, Caberete, Puerto Plata area? Of course you can look them over first, but most have 1-2 kids they keep with them, while they work?

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
DogsRule said:
How did those of you with maids find them? I hired a maid based on a recommendation from a friend--the niece of her sister's housekeeper--but now a new friend of mine who just moved here is in the market for a maid, and no one I know knows anyone who is available. I was lucky, but I have heard many horror stories about dishonest maids, etc. If anyone has any info on where/how to look, or the availability of anybody, please PM me so I can pass the info along. I think she prefers someone who does not need to live in, but a live-in might be do-able under the right conditions.

Might even be easier for her to work 9-5 or something like that?

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
9-5

Jimmydr said:
Might even be easier for her to work 9-5 or something like that?

I will check and see which is better; I'm not sure my friend can accomodate kids. Thanks for the input, Jimmydr