resort work?

Shera

Jan 9, 2005
Hi,
I am looking into going on a holiday to Cabarete but am considering moving there for a brief period. To do this, i would require work in a resort or bar. I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give me regarding how would be the best way to gain work and any positions currently available. Also, as I am a female travelling alone, what would be the best hotel/resort to stay at if i was to just holiday for maybe two weeks?

Thanks a lot.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Shera said:
Hi,
I am looking into going on a holiday to Cabarete but am considering moving there for a brief period. To do this, i would require work in a resort or bar. I would appreciate any advice that anyone can give me regarding how would be the best way to gain work and any positions currently available. Also, as I am a female travelling alone, what would be the best hotel/resort to stay at if i was to just holiday for maybe two weeks?

Thanks a lot.

Windsurf in Caberete may give you a very good two week rate.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Skills and qualifications

Hi there, what skills and qualifications do you have? Do you speak multiple languages? Do you have money to bring with you? You certainly won't be able to live on what you earn!

How many times have you been to this country? There is lots of info on the various forums here. Start reading....LOL

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
You guys.....

When was the last time you actually spoke to any of the female waitressses in some of the busy bars in Cabarete? Yes they work a long shift but in the high season some of them earn over RD$40,000 per month including their tips!!

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Amazing!!! I"m not in touch with things there, I know the POP area. And, those are not resort workers but in bars. We have few of those here in POP, I"m sure it is very different in Cabarete! Thanks for the info, I'lll have to go check it out.

Can I assume that the season is only 3 or 4 months at that rate? Does it change dramatically in the shoulder and summer???