do they want clothes

mariem

Dec 8, 2004
hello,
is it anyone who knew if there is any place to give/donation clothes and
games and stuff like that to the DR children.
I was in DR sosua in nov and I?m going back in jan 2005.
I have a realy great time there but when I see this poor people I want to do something, maybe give the children something. What you think about this?

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
mariem said:
hello,
I have a realy great time there but when I see this poor people I want to do something, maybe give the children something. What you think about this?

i ALWAYS bring clothes to give when i go to the DR. I dont know if there is any official charity that you can donate to....but i always bring a few pair of jeans, some shirts....and of course underwear. SOme people advise not to give out second hands....and i guess i sort of agree...(it can be regarded as an insult)....but one time i gave the maintenance guy at the hotel i was staying nearly everything that i had packed....used and not used....and he didnt seem offended at all. In fact he was delighted....and he was wearing one of my shirts on my next visit when he was motoconcho.

so give from your heart and you cant go wrong.

and if you DO decide to give personaly (rather than thru a charity) wait till the end of your trip....unless you want an unoficial adoption for the rest of your vacation. (that isnt quite so bad tho....when i travel solo i tend to buy the kids lunch or dinner)

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Wanting To Donate?

If you want to donate items for the children, I would suggest that you bring an extra checked bag filled with school supplies. An organization that I support, Fundacion Patria, will be more than happy to assist you in any way they can with your donation. If you list your hotel, I can give you the name of a manager that will be available to help you. If you would like to request an extra baggage allowance, I can send you a letter that you can use to contact your airline.

If you would like more information about Fundacion Patria, please locate the thread: Help The Schools Via Fundacion Patria. You can find the thread in this forum. You msy have to go to page 2,3, or 4 in order to find it. After reading the thread, please post your thoughts for others to read.

Thanks for your interest in donating.

Enjoy your Dominican experience :)

SB

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
mariem said:
hello,

Bring anything. They need everthing. They will except all types of donations. There are somepeople there who are in need of everthing. Clothes in good to bring. Also school supplies in needed too.

Scoobster

Sep 30, 2003
Clothing Donations

mariem said:
hello,

Hola good poster!

Here is another option for you and your kind donations (as the more information available, the better).

There is a small organization that assist disabled children by the name of The Mustard Seed Community.

This organization could use such items as clothing, and medicinal donations.

If you would like more information, or for assistance in getting your very kind donations to the MSC, please contact the following;

info@fiesta.webcentre.ca

More information on the MSC, and their donation "Wish List" can be found at the following link;

http://fiesta.webcentre.ca/donations.htm

I hope that this will assist you in your decision, and Thank you for your very kind heart.

It Feels Great To Donate!

Cheers
Jimmy
Fiesta Committee Member
www.fiesta.webcentre.ca

Last edited by a moderator: