Thread: Cab Ride from SDQ to Boca Chica

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cab Ride from SDQ to Boca Chica

How much should I expect to pay? There will be 4 of us - 2 staying at Hotel Dominican Bay and 2 at Don Emilio. I think they are very close to each other. What will the driver ask for and what should I tell him I will pay?

In general, is it better to exchange my money or just use U.S. dollars for everything?

Thanks.

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sheffy
    How much should I expect to pay? There will be 4 of us - 2 staying at Hotel Dominican Bay and 2 at Don Emilio. I think they are very close to each other. What will the driver ask for and what should I tell him I will pay?

In general, is it better to exchange my money or just use U.S. dollars for everything?

Thanks.
    $18 US. Tip $2 to pay with a $20 , the guy steering you to a cab which unless you are Helen Keller you can find yourself wants a dollar. For two drop-offs I would not pay more. Buy pesos in small amounts at cambios and spend pesos for local purchases.

NB: The two hotels are about 1-2 km apart if that - DB half way down the hill, DE at the bottom then a right for a few blocks, next to Don Juan.