Punta Cana to Puerto Plata? (and back)

Atomicus

Jan 10, 2005
Ok... so I managed to get free airfare to Punta Cana (PJU)... and arrive 4PM Saturday. Do I try to get to Santo Domingo to spend the night there & take bus to Puerta Plata on Sunday morning.... or do I try to get up the northern coast for the night, and then is there a bus up the northern coast to Puerta Plata? Thanks for your help! :)

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Atomicus said:
Ok... so I managed to get free airfare to Punta Cana (PJU)... and arrive 4PM Saturday. Do I try to get to Santo Domingo to spend the night there & take bus to Puerta Plata on Sunday morning.... or do I try to get up the northern coast for the night, and then is there a bus up the northern coast to Puerta Plata? Thanks for your help! :)

You will be arriving too late to get to POP by ground, and even getting a bus to SD may be a problem. However........ there is a domestic flight leaving Punta cana for POP at 6:30. Cost is US $90 one way.
http://www.takeoffweb.com/_wsn/page2.html

Hope this helped

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Atomicus,

Is that flight going to work for you, or do you need other options? I don't have info on the bus schedule, but I'm sure someone does.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
I believe the buses don't leave from punta cana, you would have to get to higuey and the the bus there. Is much better to take the flight (will take you 30 mins). However the bus will take you almost half day to get to puerto plata. I once drove from punta cana airport to puerto plata at night, trip took me like 10 hours. Take the flight less money and headache also saves you time. Hotel and transportation will cost you the same as the $90 airfare. Good luck.

Atomicus

Jan 10, 2005
sweetdbt said:
You will be arriving too late to get to POP by ground, and even getting a bus to SD may be a problem. However........ there is a domestic flight leaving Punta cana for POP at 6:30. Cost is US $90 one way.
http://www.takeoffweb.com/_wsn/page2.html

Hope this helped

Thank You!
Booked the flite - bags are packed - now I just have one more day of work to get thru before Vacation!!

Thanks again all for the info! :classic: