information

mariem

Dec 8, 2004
Hello,
I`m from sweden and realy like to read in this "forum".
Can someone tell me how much the sallary use to be for a european working
in DK with carpenter etc.
I was in DK in november and I?m going back in feb. and I think
I?m going back for longer time in june, july, aug I hope.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Hi, Do you mean to ask, "What is the salary for a carpenter in the DR?
What type of work do you do? interior, construction, furniture? Be a little more specific, there is plenty of construction going on, not too much with wood, and I know a dominican carpenter who goes to some other islands for projects, for really good money, from time to time.

mariem

Dec 8, 2004
oops,
there was many letters who was on wrong place in my message.hihi
Yes, offcourse I wonder what the salary for a carpenter is. If it come someone from europe and work for DR. The carpenters who built house and work with bathroom ren. and something like that.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
Ok, well from what I can see, most construction here is with cement block and rebar, haven't seen any wood frame construction, maybe one fancy roof in a bar, using some 4x12's. Bathrooms here are all tile and porcelean. I think a good mason could find alot of work but I think the wages in the industry are pretty low, unless your going to start your own construction company, then you might make some good money. Most projects I see here, have a makeshift shed on the construction site that houses a group of haitian men, that are out there digging, building, and sweating all day long. Not like the union men, and contractors that I remember from the states. You might want to check into making fine furniture and fine interior crafting, people here love their beautiful hardwood closets and wood trim. Custom work for apartment and home owners, shelving, bookcases. Just some thoughts for you.