Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Looking for a house to rent in Santiago.

Word around town is that houses for rent are pretty hard to find. This is supposedly because of the new tax on rentals, so most people are trying to keep their rental deals quiet.

I don't expect any of you gringos to be able to help much with this, I am mainly appealing to the locals and expats here.

My landlord wants me out (he is moving back from Nueba Yol) and so I am in the market, but even though I have 7 part time brokers keeping their eyes open for me not much has turned up. I am looking for the following:

3-4 bedrooms, at least 2 bathrooms, somewhere in the area of 10-15k/mo.

Prefer no loud neighbors and not too far out in the boonies, available by April.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default me too

i am looking as well...

house in santiago....

2 or more bedrooms...

other than that everything is flexible....

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Rentals

I'll ask my relatives in Santiago.... But can not promes anything... Their might be a house for rent next to my mothers in La Zurza nice neiborghood, not alot of noise.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

I am surpised Mr. Mike is having a problem with renting a nice house for 10-15k / month. Dominicans love to rent property to foreigners. They know we alway pay our rent and bills on time. Let me see what I can come up with.
    AZB

Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll be looking, too

I am sort of surprised you haven't found anything. But with a "growing" family I can understand the need. HEHE...

HB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default House for rent in Santiago

My mother told me that there's a house for rent next to hers in La Zurza 2 ent Santago. She can't remember the # of the house but I ca give you my Moms address....

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

What is the new tax on rentals?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike

3-4 bedrooms, at least 2 bathrooms, somewhere in the area of 10-15k/mo.

Prefer no loud neighbors and not too far out in the boonies, available by April.
    Mr. Mike - does it have to be a stand alone house? I was talking with my friend's wife today and she mentioned her family owns apartments in Santiago (near the monumento). She will let me know if any are available with the size you are looking for.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Snuffy, I am pretty sure the tax is 20%.

Thanks to Hillbilly we were able to find a house on Saturday. Real nice with Jaccuzzi only about 3 blocks from where we live now.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike
    Snuffy, I am pretty sure the tax is 20%.

Thanks to Hillbilly we were able to find a house on Saturday. Real nice with Jaccuzzi only about 3 blocks from where we live now.
    Great news! Hey, if I buy a system from you when I move down, can I use your jaccuzzi?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast