Meeting someone at SDQ

GringoDiablo

Nov 8, 2003
Can anyone tell me the basic layout of SDQ? I am meeting my girlfriend there who will be arriving from Caracas on Aeropostal at about the same time I arrive on AA from San Juan. Is there maybe a landmark or a place I can tell her to meet me? I've only flown into SDQ once and don't remember at all what it looks like. Appreciate any info.

Naufrago

Sep 1, 2004
You could just sit at a table in the food court downstairs, hang out until the other arrives. Or whoever comes first could just wait outside of customs, where everyone emerges from once cleared. It's not that big an airport, I'm sure you'll find her easily.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Naufrago said:
You could just sit at a table in the food court downstairs, hang out until the other arrives. Or whoever comes first could just wait outside of customs, where everyone emerges from once cleared. It's not that big an airport, I'm sure you'll find her easily.

I think the food court idea is good.....there is what maybe one cheesy burger place there...it would be hard to miss eachother.

ITs not a big airport....but once you have your luggage and get outside the gates it can be a bit overwhelming for a novice

Bok

Mar 13, 2004
The official meeting place for bok and pib is in front of Helados Bon after you're done with all the funny business inside. It hasn't failed once. Feel free to use for yourselves it as well :classic:

As planes tend to arrive in bundles instead of spread out over the whole day, everything, inside immigration and customs and just outside where entire families show up to greet the homecomer, can be chaos. Better to get a little away from it all. Helados Bon is located on your right hand, after you clear the fence they put up for you to parade by all the waiting families. It's also next to the pay-phones and toilets (if the mood should strike you).

Good luck.
bok

GringoDiablo

Nov 8, 2003
Perfect . . . . . .

Helados Bon it is. I wouldn't want to treck back through the airport with my luggage looking for her. I just hope this place actually exists :surprised

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Bok said:
the fence they put up for you to parade by all the waiting families.
bok

Not to get off topic...well I am...but who cares cause the original poster already decided where he'll meet his girl. That fence is great...Everyone that gets off a plane gets to strut through as if it was a fashion show and that was the runway. I've also been on the other side of the fence (waiting for someone) and it's so cool to see the anticipation on people's eyes, waiting for their families whom maybe they haven't seen in many years and the reaction when they finally show up.

Last time I was there, there was this extremely hot girl waiting for someone. She had been driven in a Lexus by what apparently looked like a family driver to me. Everyone there was gossiping, wondering who she was waiting for...finally this really fat, older guy comes strutting down the runway and she jumps all over him. I think everyone had the same reaction...Yep, he probably has a lot of money.

I just find this very interesting...

Last edited:

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Have faith

GringoDiablo said:
Helados Bon it is. I wouldn't want to treck back through the airport with my luggage looking for her. I just hope this place actually exists :surprised

Yes, do not worry. It does exist! Have a cheap but refreshing helado de coco while you waiting.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The last time I came thru SD airport, i was forced to go 0ut as there was no opening to get inside the food court. So I walked out with my trolly and came right back inside the other door to the food court. Its not a big place so your GF will find you in 30 seconds. My friend always comes to pick me up there.
have fun.
AZB