Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Cable / Satellite

    I have cable--about 90 station, perhaps 25 - 30 in English. If I got a dish, would I have more channels? In English? Where would I buy one? What would it cost--for the dish; for the programming? I'm in POP. Any comments pro and con would be appreciated. Thanks.

  2. #2
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default same quest in Sto Do

    I see you posted this in April 2004, any luck, and what info did you find out? my e-mail [email protected]

  3. #3
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,791
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dhintch
    I see you posted this in April 2004, any luck, and what info did you find out? my e-mail [email protected]
    No dhintch, the POSTER joined in April 2004 but posted yesterday 09.34 (see time left hand side under posters name).

    There has been quite a bit of discussion on this subject over the last couple of years, can I invite you to visit the archives, punch in "satellite dishes" as your keywords, & see all the details they contain. Failing that, try "Dish TV". I am not clever enough to remember all that I see on this forum so always do a check in archives first if I am looking for new information! I have lived in the DR for 12 years, been a member of DR1 for 6 of them & STILL find the archives invaluable for finding information I don't have immediately available in my head or databases!! ~ Grahame.

  4. #4
    Regular
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    109
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Archives

    Quote Originally Posted by BushBaby
    No dhintch, the POSTER joined in April 2004 but posted yesterday 09.34 (see time left hand side under posters name).

    There has been quite a bit of discussion on this subject over the last couple of years, can I invite you to visit the archives, punch in "satellite dishes" as your keywords, & see all the details they contain. Failing that, try "Dish TV". I am not clever enough to remember all that I see on this forum so always do a check in archives first if I am looking for new information! I have lived in the DR for 12 years, been a member of DR1 for 6 of them & STILL find the archives invaluable for finding information I don't have immediately available in my head or databases!! ~ Grahame.

    I have looked on the forum listings and the most recent archives I see are from 2001. I don't know how helpful that would be. How does one access 2004 archives?

  5. #5
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default sat dish

    Quote Originally Posted by DogsRule
    I have cable--about 90 station, perhaps 25 - 30 in English. If I got a dish, would I have more channels? In English? Where would I buy one? What would it cost--for the dish; for the programming? I'm in POP. Any comments pro and con would be appreciated. Thanks.
    i talked to a domican guy last month in mia he said he brought it over here DTV and it works i brought two rca DTV recivers here now lookin for buyers i heard they where valuable here my e mail is [email protected] i have a dish tooo but trying to figure out how to get it here of course you have to have an active DTV acount i guess i'd like any info also on this does dish network work here also i read here somewhere if u point it str up u can get it

  6. #6
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    3,438
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TONITO
    i talked to a domican guy last month in mia he said he brought it over here DTV and it works i brought two rca DTV recivers here now lookin for buyers i heard they where valuable here my e mail is [email protected] i have a dish tooo but trying to figure out how to get it here of course you have to have an active DTV acount i guess i'd like any info also on this does dish network work here also i read here somewhere if u point it str up u can get it
    Loose your dish. It's too small for here (Min.6' required for DTV) As for receivers, about US$100.00 ea. Programming is another story. Options available if you do a seach.

  7. #7
    Silver
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    4,192
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    To summarize all your searches, if you got the money to spend its well worth getting DTV satellite. Now that pirating the signal is basically over its expensive. If you need someone in the POP area to set you up with any equiment or programming, give me a private e-mail.

  8. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    26
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default thanks

    Quote Originally Posted by Eddy
    Loose your dish. It's too small for here (Min.6' required for DTV) As for receivers, about US$100.00 ea. Programming is another story. Options available if you do a seach.
    thanks Eddy for the info da dish stays in mia but i have two more recivers there and program cards do you know any one willing to buy that's 400.oo $ mucho pesos ahi i hear you can burn da cards to get programming get back to me any one

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •