Fellow POP Expats?

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Now that my husband and I have finally made the permanent move here, we're interested in meeting other expats in the POP area if there are any, or all you all in Sosua, Cabarete, Santiago and Santo Domingo?

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
No way Jose........

DogsRule said:
Now that my husband and I have finally made the permanent move here, we're interested in meeting other expats in the POP area if there are any, or all you all in Sosua, Cabarete, Santiago and Santo Domingo?

The Expats myself included are here in Pto.Pta. because we are not prepared to pay the Tourist prices of Sousa and Cabarete........As far as Santiago and Santo Domingo go I left the cold north to escape the big over populated Cities with there pollution and noise.

You will meet some of the local Expats in Pto.Pta. if you venture into town and vist Sam's Bar & Grill
Also there are allmost allways Gringo's in the Long Beach strip of the Malecon stopping for a Presidente and a chat.

PS: Wecome to Paradise, Ill bet you did not think it rained here every day did you?

Good Luck

Gringo

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
DogsRule said:
Contact Chester4 on DR1. Just set up a residents club here and we had a traditional English Roast last night with 30-40 people.

Asks her when the next dinner is. Easter I have a big party in Sosua with about 150 people and you are welcome to come.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Welcome to POP. I am also here in Puerto Plata, send me a PM and we can meet for coffee, presidente, cuba libre.... you get the idea!!!

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I live in POP most of the year too. Right now I am in the US on business, but will be returning, hopefully, in a week or two. Send me a PM if you like.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
There are many expats in Cofresi, 4 miles west of Puerto Plata. What area in POP are you?

Here are mostly Canadians, Austrians, Germans, and Americans.

Costambar which is inbetween POP and Cofresi also has many expats.

There are a few restaurants in Cofresi frequented by expats, like Chris and Mady's, Captain Cooks, and the new BBQ restaurant run by some Canadian BBQ guru together with EMI Sun Village Resort, don't know the name though.

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Rain?

Gringo said:
The Expats myself included are here in Pto.Pta. because we are not prepared to pay the Tourist prices of Sousa and Cabarete........As far as Santiago and Santo Domingo go I left the cold north to escape the big over populated Cities with there pollution and noise.

You will meet some of the local Expats in Pto.Pta. if you venture into town and vist Sam's Bar & Grill
Also there are allmost allways Gringo's in the Long Beach strip of the Malecon stopping for a Presidente and a chat.

PS: Wecome to Paradise, Ill bet you did not think it rained here every day did you?

Good Luck

Gringo
No, I certainly did not expect non-stop rain, but coming from Ohio, I will trade snow for rain any day of the week! If it ever stops raining, perhaps we'll meander down to the Malecon and try to find the Long Beach strip.

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
thank you

Escott said:
Contact Chester4 on DR1. Just set up a residents club here and we had a traditional English Roast last night with 30-40 people.

Asks her when the next dinner is. Easter I have a big party in Sosua with about 150 people and you are welcome to come.

Great! I know one other couple in Sosua or thereabouts. I had a couple friends out that way but they had to move back to the states, so now we really don't know any "Americans" here. I have some great Dominican friends but I do get homesick for a little taste of Stateside and a game of Euchre now and then.

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
POP newbie

Conchman said:
There are many expats in Cofresi, 4 miles west of Puerto Plata. What area in POP are you?

Here are mostly Canadians, Austrians, Germans, and Americans.

Costambar which is inbetween POP and Cofresi also has many expats.

There are a few restaurants in Cofresi frequented by expats, like Chris and Mady's, Captain Cooks, and the new BBQ restaurant run by some Canadian BBQ guru together with EMI Sun Village Resort, don't know the name though.

We live in Ballardo. We're Americans from Ohio, newly retired (but only 51). Just the 2 of us and our pet dogs. I am not familiar with Cofresi, but I'm sure my dominican friend Adrian can tell me how to find it. I know there have to be people who like to get together to play cards or something and we'd love to get together with folks of like mind. I figured this was the place to find them!

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Tonight

DogsRule said:
Great! I know one other couple in Sosua or thereabouts. I had a couple friends out that way but they had to move back to the states, so now we really don't know any "Americans" here. I have some great Dominican friends but I do get homesick for a little taste of Stateside and a game of Euchre now and then.
A bunch of us are going to "MIRO" on the beach in Cabarete to listen to Jazz. Roberto and a few of the regulars at the now Closed Village Jazz Club will be there along with 20 musicians from NY. Should be a hoot. We are going to Caravan from Rockys in Sosua at 9pm tonight if you or anyone else want to join us.

Escott

DogsRule

Apr 14, 2004
Caravan

Escott said:
A bunch of us are going to "MIRO" on the beach in Cabarete to listen to Jazz. Roberto and a few of the regulars at the now Closed Village Jazz Club will be there along with 20 musicians from NY. Should be a hoot. We are going to Caravan from Rockys in Sosua at 9pm tonight if you or anyone else want to join us.

Escott
Thanks, Escott. Maybe another time; I already have plans for tonight.