(809) 687-4943

Alcoh?licos An?nimos
Av Expreso V Centanario
Santo Domingo
(809) 681-3386

Californiana

Dec 8, 2004
Looking for mtgs for those affected by alcoholism

Thanks- did you find any info on Al-Anon (Al-Anon is different from AA... it is for friends and families of alcoholics)?

juanita said:
Results Verizon shearch:

Alcoh?licos An?nimos Oficina Regional Norte
S Bonelly 6
Santiago
(809) 583-0351

Alcoh?licos An?nimos
19 de Marzo 117
Santo Domingo
(809) 687-4943

Alcoh?licos An?nimos
Av Expreso V Centanario
Santo Domingo
(809) 681-3386

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Californiana said:
Thanks- did you find any info on Al-Anon (Al-Anon is different from AA... it is for friends and families of alcoholics)?

There is a place yes, it is close to ?Jardin Botanico? but I can?t remember the name right now, they have meetings for friends and family dealing with alcohol, drug and gambling addictions. I used to go for my ex-husband who had an addition to gambling. The center is very nice and the staff well educated. Also there is a church on 27 de Febrero that used to have meetings also, but again can?t remember the info. That was a while ago but I will try to find out the information for you and will post it. ;)

Californiana

Dec 8, 2004
juanita said:
There is a place yes, it is close to ?Jardin Botanico? but I can?t remember the name right now, they have meetings for friends and family dealing with alcohol, drug and gambling addictions. I used to go for my ex-husband who had an addition to gambling. The center is very nice and the staff well educated. Also there is a church on 27 de Febrero that used to have meetings also, but again can?t remember the info. That was a while ago but I will try to find out the information for you and will post it. ;)

Much?simas gracias :)

Californiana

Dec 8, 2004
Found some info!

There are Al-Anon (for friends and family) meetings on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 8pm at Iglesia Sant?sima Trinidad on Calle Seminario near the intersection of Av. 27 de Febrero and Av. Abraham Lincoln. I?m going to check this out and see if the meetings are in English or Spanish. If there are not any meetings in the Capital held in English, I will consider starting one for foreigners. Have a great weekend everybody!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Californiana said:
There are Al-Anon (for friends and family) meetings on Monday and Wednesday evenings at 8pm at Iglesia Sant?sima Trinidad on Calle Seminario near the intersection of Av. 27 de Febrero and Av. Abraham Lincoln. I?m going to check this out and see if the meetings are in English or Spanish. If there are not any meetings in the Capital held in English, I will consider starting one for foreigners. Have a great weekend everybody!
This is the church!!! Ask them for the name of the center near Jardin Botanico, they will know it! ;)

Gappy

Jul 24, 2004
FireGuy said:
in Sosua at Tropix Hotel.

A search should locate the particulars.

Gregg

For more information on meetings at Hotel Tropix tel: 571 0619 ask for Steve or John. All meetings are held in english.

Californiana

Dec 8, 2004
Gappy said:
For more information on meetings at Hotel Tropix tel: 571 0619 ask for Steve or John. All meetings are held in english.

I am in the Capital, so it?d be hard to make it to meetings, but I might conact them for info on possible mtgs in English down here. Thanks.