Sosua Palace or Europa?

freakaccident

Jan 14, 2005
I have read quite a bit about both places. My friend and I will be coming down in April and are trying to decide on which hotel to stay at. My friend wants to experience the local working girls and I might if Im in the right mood. I dont however like the idea of staying at a place that will turn a non-working girl off. I would like to meet some local non-working girls. No necessarily for anything more than friends but if my choice of hotels will be a strike against me then Id like to know. We like the penthouse room at Sosua Palace and the idea of having a private hot tub. Europa has the two bedroom apartments though which sounds nice and is a great price. Any opinions?

freakaccident

Jan 14, 2005
Oh and which one is closer to the bars/clubs. We tend to drink a lot and the closer the hotel the better chance we have of stumbling back.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
freakaccident said:
Oh and which one is closer to the bars/clubs. We tend to drink a lot and the closer the hotel the better chance we have of stumbling back.

Those 2 places are about a 3 minute walk apart, and both are very close to "the action".

As far as the premise of your first question is concerned, any girl who goes back to either of those places with you is probably "working", no matter how emphatically she tells you she is "not a puta". However, I think it's safe to say that the Europa is a bit more "reputable", and would be less likely to scare away a woman who is not a full-time ho.

d life

Oct 11, 2004
Sosua Palace is kown to be a place for working girls. They even have girls on site. If you looking for a place that will not scare off non working girls try the europa. You can bring in working and non-working girls.
Palace is designed for singles and is known as a place where singles go to play. Its bad enough telling a descent girl that you visit sosua much worse when you say you went to the palace. Dont misunderstand me. It is a descent hotel. But it is designed for those that want to play.

majority1

Jan 9, 2005
d life said:
Sosua Palace is kown to be a place for working girls. They even have girls on site. If you looking for a place that will not scare off non working girls try the europa. You can bring in working and non-working girls.
Palace is designed for singles and is known as a place where singles go to play. Its bad enough telling a descent girl that you visit sosua much worse when you say you went to the palace. Dont misunderstand me. It is a descent hotel. But it is designed for those that want to play.

Do you have a telephone number or email adress for the Sousa Palace?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Sosua Palace is a whorehouse. You will have more flexibility staying at the Europa.

Larry

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Eyes in the back of your head.

Larry said:
Sosua Palace is a whorehouse. You will have more flexibility staying at the Europa.

Larry

Just a little something to spice up your visit...I understand some Tourista got chopped up today in a Hotel room in Sosua... Happy Hunting...Cheers M.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
mikeyone said:
Just a little something to spice up your visit...I understand some Tourista got chopped up today in a Hotel room in Sosua... Happy Hunting...Cheers M.

Not the first time and wont be the last. That wont stop me from going back or anywhere else for that matter.

Larry

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Vote For The "Europa","Pants Down"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24 hour planta,nice pool,great air-cond,(Note: only one of the two rooms in the "suite" has "air"! At least where my friend stayed)Nice place for breakfast,visitor friendly,kitchen in room,"action" right out front,and nextdoor!What more could you want?

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Criss Colon said:
24 hour planta,nice pool,great air-cond,(Note: only one of the two rooms in the "suite" has "air"! At least where my friend stayed)Nice place for breakfast,visitor friendly,kitchen in room,"action" right out front,and nextdoor!What more could you want?
I even had an in-room coffee percolator (remember them?) and complimentry
coffee fixins each day. Great to have that first cup without having to get dressed.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Europa is nice

For those choosing Sosua to visit and have fun, the Europa is perfect. Thankfully, the school that was next door is now closed. I remember visiting a friend that was in town and he stayed at the Europa. The school was so close that you could almost reach out and touch the screaming students. Anyone that stayed there during that time will remember that. As I said, the school is now closed, at least it was.

freakaccident

Jan 14, 2005
JDJones said:
I like it better. The Palace is nice enough, but too much of a Frat House Atmosphere for my tastes..

Uh oh that might have settled it. Frat house sounds like fun to me.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
The non-working girls still work, you just have to work them a little bit longer. As Sosua is a tourist spot, they all congregate there to hook a tourista.
I found it funny how the girls at different bars would all talk about each other-"No, the girls from La Passion are all whores!"-"No, the girls from the Haligali bar are all whores, including the owner!!" then they would get very upset as a wicked smile would come across my face-"Really, they're whores? Where is this place, exactly? Right down the street, you said? I'll be right back!!"

In terms of hotels, I stayed at the PierGiorgio which was away from the action-some girls I took to my room claimed they did'nt even know it was there-apparently they all get taken to the Europa! As far as frat-house atmosphere is concerned, this sounds very lowbrow-and it is where I will be at during the summer!!!!

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Didn't know that PierGiorgio was "guest friendly" ? No problems bringing in girls there ?

hooligan202

Feb 13, 2004
New kid on the block

Hotel Aventura, close to Cabarete, seems to be a new place to go very chica and price friendly, bar and restaurant, fresh faces in the way of chicas, quite a few are only semi pro. www.aventura-hotel.com

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Tor said:
Didn't know that PierGiorgio was "guest friendly" ? No problems bringing in girls there ?

I stayed there for 2 weeks in July of 2004. I walked in and out with different girls at all hours of the day and night and noone ever asked to see any cedulas or anything like that. I would walk up the stairs right past the desk with one or two girls and I was never stopped. I always waved, said hello and kept on going.

This may have been because it was low season for them and sometimes I felt as if I was the only guest in the hotel, but I'm not sure. I also got along very well with the 3 guys that worked the desk during their different shifts-so this may have been why they let me have people over without busting my chops.

But whatever you do do not miss thier breakfast if you stay at the PierGiorgio. It is really good. The hotel overall gets a big thumbs up from me-they had some lady giving massages for 20 US an hour. I'm sure its' gone up a little bit by now but this lady was a real professional and she would try to accomodate any time within reason. Overall a really nice hotel run by some really nice people.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Also wanted to say that of the girls that I stayed with I was never robbed by any of them, and believe me I would get back to my room and just pass out. There were many times when I could have gotten robbed blind and not know it until I woke up, but my guests were always very friendly and honest. Maybe it was beginners' luck but I don't think I'll do that anymore.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
freakaccident said:
Uh oh that might have settled it. Frat house sounds like fun to me.

freakaccident,

You're a hoot! You started out this thread by saying your "friend" would be looking for working girls, but you wanted to meet some "regular" girls and wanted to know which was the best place so they wouldn't be reluctant to go there. So the board responds and makes it clear that the Palace is a WHOREHOUSE, where only girls who already are widely known as prostitutes and have no reputation to protect would go (unless they are desperate). On hearing it has a "frat house atmosphere" you decide it's the place for you.

My point is, there was no need for the verbal masquerade. While DR1 is certainly not a forum for prostitution, the subject is not taboo, and most people here are open minded. A significant percentage of the male travelers seeking information here have remunerated companionship as part of their vacation plans. (Do a search entering "guest friendly" or equivelent term to confirm this). I have no doubt you would have fun at the Palace.

If you REALLY DO want to have the opportunity to consort with any girl who is not a full-time, out-in-the-open hooker, you should consider another hotel. There are girls who only "work" occasionally when things get tough, and a lot of them wouldn't want to take a chance on being seen there.