Expanded Tsunami Warning System Coming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
http://www.boston.com/news/nation/articles/2005/01/15/us_to_expand_tsunami_warning_system/

''The risk for the Caribbean is so real that we need to put [a detection system] in there right now," said Jian Lin, a marine geophysicist at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Two days before the massive tsunami, he published a paper warning that the Caribbean was at great risk for a major earthquake and possible tsunami over the next 50 years, after examining fault zones in the Dominican Republic and off the shore of Puerto Rico that could cause quakes.''The risk for the Caribbean is so real that we need to put [a detection system] in there right now," said Jian Lin, a marine geophysicist at the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution. Two days before the massive tsunami, he published a paper warning that the Caribbean was at great risk for a major earthquake and possible tsunami over the next 50 years, after examining fault zones in the Dominican Republic and off the shore of Puerto Rico that could cause quakes.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, Chris, for one more thing to worry about. Maybe I should move back on my boat. ;)

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
What me worry???

Folks,

The fault lines are so close to the island, a tsunami warning system for us is about as useful as tits on a bull. Sit back and relax, the media does this to us to get us uptight, and delightfully make advertising dollars on our fears.

Whatever happens, happens, I say. You're a terminal case from the day your are born. So, when the time presents itself, you survive or die well. Don't become fodder for the "Chicken Littles" (the sky is falling) of life. Be kool, be prepared, and live well.

Regards,
PJT

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
PJT said:
Folks,

The fault lines are so close to the island, a tsunami warning system for us is about as useful as tits on a bull. Sit back and relax, the media does this to us to get us uptight, and delightfully make advertising dollars on our fears.

Whatever happens, happens, I say. You're a terminal case from the day your are born. So, when the time presents itself, you survive or die well. Don't become fodder for the "Chicken Littles" (the sky is falling) of life. Be kool, be prepared, and live well.

Regards,
PJT

When your number is called there is no escaping it, not even to a safe place as Conchita California where a land slide that just happend claimed the life of about a dozen. We can only run but we can't hide.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
If it's not Tsunamis------

Earthquakes, Floods, Asteroid Strikes, H-Bombs, Terrorists, Drive-by Shootings, ETC., ETC., ETC., What else can we worry ourselves silly about??? HMMMMMMM???

Might as well dig a deep hole, climb in and pull it in after us for all we can do about it.

Life is life is life!!! Live day to day, pay your bills on time, go to church regularly, don't cheat on your wife or girlfriend, be honest in your dealings with others and QUIT WHINING ABOUT THAT OVER WHICH YOU HAVE NO CONTROL!!!

Just a mental s*** !!

Texas Bill

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
Texas Bill said:
Earthquakes, Floods, Asteroid Strikes, H-Bombs, Terrorists, Drive-by Shootings, ETC., ETC., ETC., What else can we worry ourselves silly about??? HMMMMMMM???

Might as well dig a deep hole, climb in and pull it in after us for all we can do about it.

Life is life is life!!! Live day to day, pay your bills on time, go to church regularly, don't cheat on your wife or girlfriend, be honest in your dealings with others and QUIT WHINING ABOUT THAT OVER WHICH YOU HAVE NO CONTROL!!!

Just a mental s*** !!

Texas Bill

i am totally agree with you, texas bill.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
Texas Bill said:
Texas Bill

Locusts :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.