Easter Bash on Easter Sunday Announcement

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Well folks I just got email from one of our British couples who own a condo in Sosua asking about the Easter Bash so here it goes. March 27th is the date.

We will be having our traditional Easter Bash on the Traditional Easter Sunday starting at 2pm to accomodate our friends that have to travel and don't like to travel at night. Place will be Rocky Restaurant and Bar on Calle DR. Rosen in Sosua where we have traditionally had our meals with well over 100 DR1'ers showing up from all over. Make your reservations now folks because Sosua is real crowded with tourists these days.

I will get back on and post all the exact info regarding dinner, price etc in a few days once I talk to Marco to get him up to speed.

This year I would like to do some fund raising for children in Sosua so if anyone has some ideas please share them here. We have spoken about this but haven't gotten it done before so lets get it done this year.

Scott

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Escott - DannyW and Co. will be in the house! I can't wait to finally gaze upon the superstars of DR1!! - D

Danny W

Bronze
Mar 1, 2003
Escott said:
Hey Danny,
Please send email to rockysbluesbar@hotmail.com with your reservation so Marco has a count and can provide some sort of service.

Be nice to see you. What are you doing in the 22nd? Going to be around?

Scott

On the 22nd., our respective birthdays, I will be in NY. Feliz cumpleanos in advance. - D

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I"ve heard stories about past parties - I am in..... Thanks for doing it daytime for those of us who dislike the night drives.....

christremain

Aug 15, 2003
An idea ?

Hi all

Great idea - I will see you there.

On the 'fund raising' subject - what about EVERYONE who is coming to the DR from GB, USA, CANADA etc. do a little local 'appeal' of their own ?

For instance, those with children, maybe send the kids to school with information about what the children here in the DR need with regards to school and education. If every child donated a pen a pencil some crayons and a ruler - think of the school supplies that would be accumulated.

Being winter there a small advertisement in the local store window for any unused children?s summer clothes etc may get much needed clothing etc that would only take up a tiny piece of luggage space for people to bring with them.

If everyone brought a little - it could so easily become a lot.

Just an idea.

Regards

Chris

Last edited:

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
Easter DR1 dinner at Rocky's

Count us in for the DR1 Easter dinner. I emailed Rocky's this am for reservations and we are looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jack and Nancy Wampler
Land O Lakes (Tampa), Florida

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Jack and Nancy Wampler
Planner
Danny W and ????
Escott
Planner
Chris Tremain and ??
Robert
Dawnwil

Please put your names down.

This year I have started putting a young Dominican girl who is 7 years old in Private School. The child has a mother and father who are very cooperative and pleased. Dawnwil has been tutoring the child to help her get settled in school and is now helping her with homework and preparing for tests. So far after only a couple of weeks the child is doing great.

After the initial cost which was about 17000 pesos it only costs 2500 pesos a month. I would love to do this for other children to give them a leg up in life. The headmaster of the school told me this child will be speaking English which will mean a world of difference and give the child a chance in the future.

If anyone has an interest in doing this or contributing to this let me know. Maybe we can help some others get out of a cycle of things that aren't good for children.

Escott

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Scott I guess this should be a separate thread but what is included in the intitial cost of 17000 pesos and where is this set up cost going to?

Thanks

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Anna Coniglio said:
Scott I guess this should be a separate thread but what is included in the intitial cost of 17000 pesos and where is this set up cost going to?

Thanks
5k to the school for Joining I guess, other money to school for books, uniform shirts, gym shirts. Rest of the money for Jeans, gym shorts/pants, socks, shoes and school supplies. So part went to the school, part went for school supplies, part went for books and part went for uniforms and other clothes needed for the child without asking the parents to contribute.

Dawn has spent countless hours tutoring to help get her up to speed. These parents have been a big help and not a stumbling block. These folks live in the poorest section of Charimicos on the way down to the river if you know where this is. I remember the first time I traveled this road saying to myself "I would become a prostitute also to escape".

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
So proud of my buddy escott for bringing positive changes in a little girl's life. I will try my best to come, especially if badpiece is coming. Don' forget, my birthday is on 23rd of march.
See ya all there.
AZB

mislarimar

Nov 19, 2004
www.adventuretour.net
Just a question my seven year old is asking me:

Here in belgium at easter the kids have to collect chocolate eggs that the easterbunny ( read mommy) hides in the garden.But i imagine that in the Dr that would be diffecult as the eggs would melt in about 5 seconds.Do the kids in the dr get presents or something instead of eastereggs?
I know this is a silly question but blame my son as he wanted me to ask this lol lol!

jwampler

Feb 5, 2004
Easter Gathering of DR1

I haven't seen any recent responses on the Easter gathering at Rocky's in Sosua for DR1.
So I thought I would talk it up and see who is planning on attending. Im personally looking forward to it and hope to meet many DR1 folks. It sure sounds like a fun gathering. Please respond. Thanks,

Jack

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
MANY THANKJS FROM PUERTO PLATA et al ! ! !

Thank you, Escott for taking the lead role on what I hope is, or will be, an annual tradition among the foreign community. Well done!
Also, thank you for those of us from POP, etc. who for our Easter blessing & gift will not have to drive at night - always a hazard in this non-holy country.
I offer a prayer of thanksgiving. For your wisdom. For your common sense. A sincere thank you - from many of us.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Details honey...

Hey Escott where are the details: menu , cost etc.... ANd for those of us who neeeeeed to know, will there be chocolate????

gary80vette

Apr 8, 2003
Where's the info??

Hey Scott, Marco,

Where are the details for the Easter bash?

I've made my reservation for me and the tribe but haven't seen anything for a while. Is the infamous Easter bash still on? Whats on the menu (not that it matters cos the food is always sooooo good). What time does it start/finish?

Only 9 days until I can sink my teeth into one of Marco's great steaks and savour the taste of another Presidente (or 5).

See you all soon.

Gary & Co.

2parrotheads

Mar 18, 2005
Hello all,

We are new to the DR, having just purchased condos in Perla Marina. I've been reading the posts here for many months, but just registered.

We (Ren?e & David) will be down for Easter weekend, and would love to meet you folks. So count us in for the Easter bash! I will e-mail Marco with our reservation.

Also new to the DR is Ren?e's sister Janice, who will not be down at Easter, unfortunately.

Thanks to you all for a lot of good info over the past few months. We look forward to picking your brains on a vast array of subjects as to what we can expect!

Ren?e & David

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
gary80vette said:
Hey Scott, Marco,

Where are the details for the Easter bash?

I've made my reservation for me and the tribe but haven't seen anything for a while. Is the infamous Easter bash still on? Whats on the menu (not that it matters cos the food is always sooooo good). What time does it start/finish?

Only 9 days until I can sink my teeth into one of Marco's great steaks and savour the taste of another Presidente (or 5).

See you all soon.

Gary & Co.
Marco withdrew from the Canadian Race recently and has decided to adopt the traits of Dominicans. Manana is your answer. Just realize Manana doesn't mean tomorrow, just not today:)

Only thing I can tell you is that there will be over 100 people there despite Marcos inability to do what should have been done a month or two ago:)

If you are going for the food and not the company and the menu is that important, well, Uh, duh, I don't know what to say this time. Sorry.