Score 1 for Politur.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Yesterday, some friends living nearby asked me to contact the police. Some, lady, I believe was German, was getting beat up by her sankie. As I was about to leave the bar anyway, I drove directly to the police station. I asked to speak to the Lt. in charge of Politur and explained the situation. Within 60 secs. 4 men showed up. I drove 2 to the scene and 2 followed us on their motorcycle. Anyway, long story short, they picked up the culprit who was running away with the lady?s wallet and cell phone. He is now in jail. I heard that charges will be laid today, unless of course the victim? withdraws her complaint. I hope for her sake she doesn?t but it?s happened before. Anyway, I was impressed with the speed and quality of their intervention.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I tried calling either of Politur and PN once using the "911" service and got rerouted to PN in three different cities , all but Boca Chica and as far as La Romana and San Pedro, so I sent two moto drivers into town with a RD$100 prize for which of the two came back with PN or Politur first. Politur came in droves - six guys on two little ATV's and two motorcycles , possibly because the moto offered to share the RD$100, I am not sure if PN ever came and this was for an armed robbery where the staff were pistol whipped.

I left before any questions were asked (of me).

So Politur came when asked, I have to say.

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
JDJones said:
Did they take her away, only to release her a little later? Is she still in jail? Has she been charged with something. People get "arrested" all the time, if you call taking them to the police station "arrested"
Most of the time, they get to the station, ask what happened, then let the person go. I've seen it happen waaaaay too many times.

I didn't see her the rest of the night??

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Politur sometimes does not get the job done alone. Their Boys from PN Policia Nacional is were they go for back up. I once had a problem with a rental car dude. He tried to charge me for stuff I did not damage. When I refused to pay up he pointed his gun at me. I spoke to a Politur, they told me to go to PN Policia Nacional. Policia National took on the case and made the arrest ans laid the charges. The guy had his firm arm permit revoked and spent the nigh in jail.