Mr.Mike's own custom designed fancy power invertor

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ok folks, I finally dropped by Mr.Mike's business in santiago (Av. Bartolome colon, above American airline's office) and saw first hand what his new inverter was like. It seems Mr.mike's team has designed a fully digital inverter which will not only become the best seller in DR but will make him a rich man. At first glance, it looks like a very fancy unit which would cost a lot of money. But to my surprise, it costs a fraction of the price of a trace unit. Its a nice clean casing with clean, easy connections for proper installation. To my surprise the 1 kilo unit was no bigger in size than a 500-800 watts unit. I made Mr. mike open up the cover and to my amazement, the assembly work was professional. No lose wire mesh and no solder blobs. It seemed like professional factory job with board and components nicely fitted to utilize the space inside more economically. All clean work and to my surprise, a lot fewer components inside than a comparable trace unit. Fewer electrical components mean, less power loss and less things to worry about breaking down or burning out. It was my first glance at a digital inverter. It means there is a chip inside like Bios chip in a PC mother board. It has the program running inside to control all the vital functions of a digitally running inverter. I guess what it means is that you can write a program to set all values of an inverter so it would function optimally. This means (I guess) instead of manually setting variable resistors for proper charge cutoff and minimun low voltage in batteries cut off and incoming power and power load shut down etc values are all controlled by the program running in eprom chip. This function alone will give you far more flexibility that a manually controled invertor. Like I said, I am not sure behind the true meaning of a digital inverter but I am pretty much sure this is what it does.
The unit has 3 LEDs to let you know if the line voltage is on, if the inverter is charging or if the inverter in "on" mode. It also has external trip switches in case the inverter in overloaded and shuts down. The inverter has super fast power switching so in case of a black out, you will not need a UPS to back up your PC. It will work like a UPS and your connected equipment will not know when the lights went off. I asked Mr.Mike to have a UPS connected to it to see if its UPS friendly. The UPS worked just fine and saw the incoming inverter power as line power. That is a good sign for a quality unit.
To settle any doubts I would possibly have over his new design, I met one of his satisfied domincian customer who had nothing but good things to say about his units. I think he mentioned he bought like 4 units from Mr.mike.
So folks, it seems like Mr.mike has got a winner in his hands. the units are being shipped in 1 kelo capacity at the moment which should be perfect for running a desktop PC, a small TV , few low wattage light bulbs and a fan. If you work within the unit's power handling capacity, you will not have any problems with the units for many years. Before you folks fork out hundreds of dollars for a trace unit, go check out Mr.mike's design. You will be impressed.
All I can is this: if Mr.Mike's inverter were a girl, I would marry it in a heartbeat. :)
AZB

P.S. Mr.mike, do I get to use your jacuzzi now? hahahaha. Just kidding

Last edited:

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
So would this be in addition to batteries or would this be in place of a normal inverter with batteries. So a small house in the mts of Santiago might find this would work? How about a running a refrigerator?

AZB said:
Ok folks, I finally dropped by Mr.Mike's business in santiago (Av. Bartolome colon, above American airline's office) and saw first hand what his new inverter was like. It seems Mr.mike's team has designed a fully digital inverter which will not only become the best seller in DR but will make him a rich man. At first glance, it looks like a very fancy unit which would cost a lot of money. But to my surprise, it costs a fraction of the price of a trace unit. Its a nice clean casing with clean, easy connections for proper installation. To my surprise the 1 kilo unit was no bigger in size than a 500-800 watts unit. I made Mr. mike open up the cover and to my amazement, the assembly work was professional. No lose wire mesh and no solder blobs. It seemed like professional factory job with board and components nicely fitted to utilize the space inside more economically. All clean work and to my surprise, a lot fewer components inside than a comparable trace unit. Fewer electrical components mean, less power loss and less things to worry about breaking down or burning out. It was my first glance at a digital inverter. It means there is a chip inside like Bios chip in a PC mother board. It has the program running inside to control all the vital functions of a digitally running inverter. I guess what it means is that you can write a program to set all values of an inverter so it would function optimally. This means (I guess) instead of manually setting variable resistors for proper charge cutoff and minimun low voltage in batteries cut off and incoming power and power load shut down etc values are all controlled by the program running in eprom chip. This function alone will give you far more flexibility that a manually controled invertor. Like I said, I am not sure behind the true meaning of a digital inverter but I am pretty much sure this is what it does.
The unit has 3 LEDs to let you know if the line voltage is on, if the inverter is charging or if the inverter in "on" mode. It also has external trip switches in case the inverter in overloaded and shuts down. The inverter has super fast power switching so in case of a black out, you will not need a UPS to back up your PC. It will work like a UPS and your connected equipment will not know when the lights went off. I asked Mr.Mike to have a UPS connected to it to see if its UPS friendly. The UPS worked just fine and saw the incoming inverter power as line power. That is a good sign for a quality unit.
To settle any doubts I would possibly have over his new design, I met one of his satisfied domincian customer who had nothing but good things to say about his units. I think he mentioned he bought like 4 units from Mr.mike.
So folks, it seems like Mr.mike has got a winner in his hands. the units are being shipped in 1 kelo capacity at the moment which should be perfect for running a desktop PC, a small TV , few low wattage light bulbs and a fan. If you work within the unit's power handling capacity, you will not have any problems with the units for many years. Before you folks fork out hundreds of dollars for a trace unit, go check out Mr.mike's design. You will be impressed.
All I can is this: if Mr.Mike's inverter were a girl, I would marry it in a heartbeat. :)
AZB

P.S. Mr.mike, do I get to use your jacuzzi now? hahahaha. Just kidding