Urgent - exchange rates?

mne01

Sep 5, 2002
Hey

What is the exchange rate US$-->RD$? How many pesos do I get for 100$ at Puerto Plata airport? How much is fees and commision?

Thank you!

mne

Don Tomas

Jun 22, 2004
mne01 said:
Ok thank you, but do I get those rates at POP and what about fees & commision? Thanks!

I have never seen any fees or commisions at any Cambios, but it might be different in the airport. I always try and leave with a couple thousand in my pocket so I have beer err I mean gas money when I arrive.

I don't know if you really need to change at the airport: If you are staying at an AI, they probably won't want pesos and the taxis at the airport all want US dollars.

If you are getting a taxi then just ask the driver to stop for cambio, the rate should be much better outside the airport.

You can PM me about where your final destination is and I can recommend a few good cambios.

mne01

Sep 5, 2002

Don Tomas said:
I have never seen any fees or commisions at any Cambios, but it might be different in the airport. I always try and leave with a couple thousand in my pocket so I have beer err I mean gas money when I arrive.QUOTE]

I thought of that too until i just realized that changing my Swedish crownes here (in Sweden) into pesos I would lose a whole lot compared to changing them to US$ and then change them to pesos in the DR.

I need pesos, won?t be staying at no AI.

Won?t have time to check pm?s anymore before I'm leaving but thanks anyways.

mne