Honeymoon in DR...Help!

max21ge

Jan 17, 2005
Hi,

I'm planning an exciting trip in DR for my honeymoon and after some research I have a couple questions:

1. Where can I rent a motorbike type 125cc in Santo Domingo?
2. Can I take the ferry from Sabana de la Mar to Samana with the motorbike? Where can I inquire about the schedule of the ferry?
3. The whole trip Im planning is to rent a motorbike for 5 days and do the following roadtrip: Santo Domingo-La Romana-Sabana de la Mar-Samana and then coming back to Santo Domingo trough the Monte Plata. Is it ok to do this whole trip with a motorbike only? Any tip on this route?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Max

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
i'm not going to tell you about any stories of honeymooners that tried something similar, but are not around anymore.............................especially as i am sure that there are many more people who did something similar and it really was a trip of a lifetime.

however, although i can't help you much with the information you asked, i do have to ask you one question.................................you do know that in the dom rep that a trip like this is really dangerous, don't you?

i'm not talking about crime or anything like that....i'm just talking about going round the country on a couple of 125s (or will you honeymooners be sharing one).........doing this in india, sri lanka, thailand, across europe, etc. is one thing, but in the dom rep, it is very different...the traffic, that is.

i expect you have already thought about this...................i am asking, because i am concerned, that's all.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
and dont forget about the little green men who will pull you over looking for a bribe!

I am adventurous....but i tend to stick with guaguas and NOT drive myself.

THe driving is completely nuts there. As a friend once told me. Dominicans are never in a hurry until they get behind the wheel of a car.