I'm a chemist...can I move to DR and find a good job????

ginxinus

Jan 17, 2005
Hello folks,

I have about 4 more years until I finish my career...I've been accepted into some PhD programs for chemistry here in the US and was thinking of moving to DR once i'm done. The question on the table is if DR needs people with my skills???? I'm not sure where I would even begin to look for a job...I know that there are plenty of industrial plants...is the pay good? I was raised in DR but left at a young age...i've been thinking about going back and I thought that a PhD chemist would have no problem getting hired...anybody has any ideas or thoughts?

thanks

DP

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Get your doctorate, then we'll talk

YOu will be so over qualified that your only outlet would be at one of the universities.

We used to have Chemical Engineers at the PUCMM but we ran out of candidates and our graduates ran out of jobs. The food industry can only absorb so many and the pharmaceutical companies are facing real problem with the World Trad Organization and the FTA with the US. Just like India's generic industry, the Dominican pharmaceuticals will be driven out of the market. This basicall screws AID/HIV+ patients...all over the world. So that is a bust for a good chemist.

All the coke that goes through here is processed in Colombia, so that's out.

Tell you what. Get the doctorate, work hard there. Discover a cure for cancer or AIDS or Lupus or the Panama Disease in bananas and you'll be a millionaire and can buy a beautiful house in La Romana and live here hapily ever after.

HB

ginxinus

Jan 17, 2005
Hey, i'm not the same guy...I don't know what the hell you're talking about man....you gotta get off that territorial attitude brother...this forum is open to anyone

ginxinus

Jan 17, 2005
stallion said:
I think it was his twin brother guys. Or some one cloned him.

What...you guys don't believe that there could be two chemist in the forum...remember, the guy said he has 14 years of experience...I haven't even finished my PhD

And thanks for the other post Keith...I found some good info on that