humpback whales and tourists.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Let me see if somebody would guess this one.

What do foreign tourists to the DR and humpback whales have in common?

And no fatties, this is not a fat joke.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
They both like having sex in the Dominican Republic?

And if the !#$^%#$& Tourists don't make the boat owners behave, we will lose the pod that is visiting the bay. Usually they chant: "Closer, closer" Idiots!

I do hope Kim Beddel and her people can get people to stay a respectable distance from the whales. They are so majestic, it is a shame to seem them bothered.

Unhappy HB :(:(:(

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Hillbilly said:
I do hope Kim Beddel and her people can get people to stay a respectable distance from the whales. They are so majestic, it is a shame to seem them bothered.

Kim stays a respectable distance from the whales and most other boats are much better than they used to be. Still problems with the yolas, but efforts are being made to protect the whales.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
There was a report in the papers last week that the DR Environment Ministry was going to be regulating whale watching, in cooperation with CEBSE and the boat owners. There is already an informal code of practice IIRC.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Hillbilly said:
And if the !#$^%#$& Tourists don't make the boat owners behave, we will lose the pod that is visiting the bay. Usually they chant: "Closer, closer" Idiots!

Unhappy HB :(:(:(

Good answer HB

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Chirimoya said:
There was a report in the papers last week that the DR Environment Ministry was going to be regulating whale watching, in cooperation with CEBSE and the boat owners. There is already an informal code of practice IIRC.

You are right, Chiri. An informal code of practice was developed cooperatively a few years ago by CEBSE and the boat owners.