Build A Home

PENELOPEE

Sep 27, 2004
I'm Trying To Find Out The Cost Of Builing A Home In The Country Part (north) In The Dominican Rep. What Are The Cost Of Building Materias Or The Totals For A 1500 Sq Home?
Thx

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If,"Things Have Not Changed Much Since then", means:

That the the "costs" are all over the spectrum,you are right! The question is just too generic to be able to give any kind of an answer! Tell us "EXACTLY" the place,you want to live,and the house you want....................."Oh Hell",never mind!

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
PENELOPEE said:
I'm Trying To Find Out The Cost Of Builing A Home In The Country Part (north) In The Dominican Rep. What Are The Cost Of Building Materias Or The Totals For A 1500 Sq Home?
Thx

I am building a house in the campo near Sosua. It should run about $25,000.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
PENELOPEE said:
Thx

It depends on:
The quality you want,
The area you want to build in,
The architect, builder & engineer you use,
The company you buy from & their "transportation" costs,
The thickness of the RSJ's, Steel supports, blocks used,

Sorry Penelopee, if you hven't been down & sussed this out for yourself yet, you are just about 12 months ahead of asking these questions & preparing to get yourself a house built!! YOU need to come down to check it all out for yourself first & then think about employing a trustworthy manager to ensure your house will be built correctly with the products YOU specified & with the documentation correctly stamped etc!!

Forgive me for saying so, but from the way you wrote your post, I saw a whole lot of unpreparedness for this venture & that means even MORE costs imposed by people taking advantage of your lack of knowledge.

Feel free to kick me hard if I have misjudged your post!! ~ Grahame.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here is a rough estimate

Think RD$10,000 per sq. meter of first class construction in Dominican terms.

Think a bit more if you are a nit-picker who likes square room corners and such details as intelligent lighting and sanitary installations.

This is not something that can be done long distance. IF you are here and IF you are knowledgeable about construction, you might lower your costs a bit. However, any construction in Sos?a will cost more than if it were someplace else--this is, inland.

HB

PENELOPEE

Sep 27, 2004
THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELPFUL ADVICE
Hillbilly said:
Think RD$10,000 per sq. meter of first class construction in Dominican terms.

Think a bit more if you are a nit-picker who likes square room corners and such details as intelligent lighting and sanitary installations.

This is not something that can be done long distance. IF you are here and IF you are knowledgeable about construction, you might lower your costs a bit. However, any construction in Sos?a will cost more than if it were someplace else--this is, inland.

HB