Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Moving to Puerto Chiquito-Sosua

I am thinking of buying a piece of property and having a house built in Puerto Chiquito. Does anyone have any info on this location or info on where I might find any. Mostly looking for the history of this place, what is going on with the area. Noticed a big vacant old hotel on the grounds near the beach. What is up with that. Thank you

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Buyer beware

Quote Originally Posted by bacha
    I am thinking of buying a piece of property and having a house built in Puerto Chiquito. Does anyone have any info on this location or info on where I might find any. Mostly looking for the history of this place, what is going on with the area. Noticed a big vacant old hotel on the grounds near the beach. What is up with that. Thank you

hello bacha, My comments might seem a bit harsh but they are words of caution. Be very careful before buying anything in Puerto Chiquito. At part from two houses that are inhabited everything else is abandoned including 3 hotels and multiple houses that have been stripped clean by the locals. I lived for several months in Puerto Chiquito and even the ex-time share complex run by Fun Royal is quickly becoming abandoned itself. I was afraid of going out at night with the frequent sound of gun shots and shady characters. I am confident that you would find something inexpensive in that area, but I know that I would personally never want to live there. You would be much better off if you could find something in Cabarette. It's not much further but so much nicer, safer and not abandoned. Hope you will find this information useful.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

AMEN, AMEN, Amen!!!

The only way for this area to become safe from vandals & thieves is for the whole area to be developed at one time - HIGHLY unlikely. Those that get in early get the cheaper lots, true, but they will most likely suffer the majority of crime & disruption until the whole area is developed!!

Sorry Liz & Bazz, you made the decision before asking me & I was not able to give you this information in time!! ~ Grahame.

Post Thanks / Like

Default The short aanswer is

DON'T DO IT!!

The problem with Puerto Chiquito is that it is near the mouth of the Sos˙a River that carries all of the sewage out to sea!

The place stinks to high heaven at certain times. This was the downfall for the tourist projects in the area.

IF you should win the Super Ball Lottery, at say, $250 mill or so, then you could buy the whole place, install a good sanitation system for Sos˙a Abajo and Charamicos and then, develop the whole area... Maybe 5-10 years down the line.

HB

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You've already gotten all the information I could give you. There are better places, keep looking.

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BushBaby
    AMEN, AMEN, Amen!!!

The only way for this area to become safe from vandals & thieves is for the whole area to be developed at one time - HIGHLY unlikely. Those that get in early get the cheaper lots, true, but they will most likely suffer the majority of crime & disruption until the whole area is developed!!

Sorry Liz & Bazz, you made the decision before asking me & I was not able to give you this information in time!! ~ Grahame.
    I have an apartment at Tropicana sur in Pto Chiquito and I do walk around the entire project at any time during the day and at night without any concern to my safety. I have not seen any martians either.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Lack of martians would not be a good reason to invest a lot of your money in that area at present. Nor would lack of mirrors...........................

*** Sin Bin ***
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada
    Lack of martians would not be a good reason to invest a lot of your money in that area at present. Nor would lack of mirrors...........................

Well... you can invest in sea horse ranch and pay zillion of bucks for it and do hope that the place will continue to be a good place or you can pay little money for a place that is not to good for your "gringo mentality" and do hope that it will improve.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Puerto Chiquita-Thank you all

Thank you all for the information.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tomgallo
    I have an apartment at Tropicana sur in Pto Chiquito and I do walk around the entire project at any time during the day and at night without any concern to my safety. I have not seen any martians either.
    I think the place would even scare the **** out of martians.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast