Simply Looking For A Friend...

SANTIAGOorBUST

Jan 21, 2005
I would just like to say to those of you who referred to my intentions of finding a long lost work-mate as "stalkerish", that it is sad that you have so much free time and assume just because someone is seeking info (as I lost all of my photos and address books and such in the hurricane....) they have less then honest intentions. My boyfriend and I have important questions for my friend, and I am sure I can find him, and he will be very pleased when we do! Thank you for you help anyway.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
I agree

SANTIAGOorBUST said:
New here, sorry if I am not following protocol! Sheesh! Why the hostility??? Wow.
This person posts twice and gets mocked and bitched at, and by the Patriarch, even! A fine example of DR1 hospitality, I must say.

SANTIAGOorBUST, I thought about replying to your post earlier. I was going to tell you that this board has a kind of split personality. When someone posts something that's dumb or has some sexual content, other posters often can't resist the opportunity to make cheap jokes. (I do it too. It's fun!)

I was going to tell you that the flip side of the coin is that when someone asks for help or information or advice, these same people can be incredibly kind and helpful, dispensing an amazing range of knowledge and wisdom (albeit still with the occasional cheap joke).

Well, I was going to tell you that, but in your case it doesn't seem to apply. It's possible that someone may know about your friend and PM you. If so, let us know. And don't give up just yet. Maybe everybody just got up on the wrong side of the bed today.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
raw deal

El Gringo 762, for what its worth, I think you got quite a raw deal and Timex had to close the other thread because of the moronic responses. But anyway, all is not lost. Perhaps if you give a little more information, for example, where were you when you lost all your address books etc., the posters on the board may be more forthcoming. It is the on-line world and you need to take that into consideration. So, let us know who you are, where you are, where you were and possibly someone will recognise your friend and let him know that you're trying to contact him.

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Misunderstanding

Chris said:
El Gringo 762, for what its worth, I think you got quite a raw deal and Timex had to close the other thread because of the moronic responses.
Chris, the original poster was SANTIAGOorBUST. el gringo 762's was just another moronic response.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I apologize!

I saw the other post, and since we have had a rash of multiple posts on the same thing: Santo Domingo to Barahona was just a recent one, but Dolores handled it perfectly.--Anyway I wanted to point out that, like we used to say in New York: "Alright already! I hoid ya!"

Anyway, this is for the denizens of the North Shore to answer. I'v only met one bartender in the past five or six years and that's Ted at Rocky's....(Does Dawn count, too??)

HB :D:D

RE: Color Codes

GOLD = No life
Silver = Gets out a little
Bronze= Young and lively, old and spry--New to the board.

SANTIAGOorBUST

Jan 21, 2005
Thank You!

I just wanted to say thank you to those of you who understand that my plight is an honest one. I lost all of my papers and things in Punta Cana, where I was living and the resort I was working in had to be closed, very trying time. I have to get in touch with Trevor as I have some questions and need some help from him in some decision making, is all. Just because there are some creepy stalker freaky people out there.....doesn't make me one of them! Perhaps my description of Trevor was misconstrued as something other than just that - a decription that may help someone recognize who I am referring to. Anyway, I have been in touch with some other friends that we worked with who may be able to help me, which is wonderful news, but still if anyone can get my info ( this website) to Trevor (again, as before, I am not asking for any of his info, kindly requesting someone pass along mine....) it would greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your aid, and I am finding this website to be amazingly helpful and informative, despite my less than warm welcome.

Kindest regards,
Whitney

SANTIAGOorBUST

Jan 21, 2005
And by the way....

No hard feelings, either, I just wanted to say. I am finding this website to be so great, and I know no one meant to be hurtful or sideways towards me, it just happens sometimes. Anyway, I hope that I am welcomed here now, I am a great girl with a heart for the Dominican Republic, that qualifies me as fitting in here, now, doesn't it!!! ;)

By the way, out of curiosity, what is the general consensus on Cabarete, have not been there yet..... mainly been an east coast girl.

Cheers!
Whitney

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
General consensus on Cabarete, you love it, or hate it. It is a fine place to go to if you're a party animal, or a water sport person, or a family with kids.

Btw, You're welcome here, again, sorry for the rough start. It happens sometimes.

Cabarete, you have to go there to be there. It can be totally tourist trashy, or the most romantic place that you've ever been to. Good restaurants, good parties, good water sports and today I was stuck in traffic for half an hour in Cabarete. (Do understand, there is one road only through Cabarete).

In the evenings it is one of the most charming places with restaurants on the beach, tables in the sand, lights rigged in the palm trees.. light breeze blowing. I love Cabarete.

SANTIAGOorBUST

Jan 21, 2005
Hey Chris, thank you so much for your opinion- so great to get firsthand info. Does Cabarete seem to be growing? I'll be there in a few weeks, so I will see for myself, but I am very interested in others' opinions. What about Puerto Plata in general, ...Sosua? As I said, I have never been to the north, only lived in the east, so I am looking forward to seeing it, but I would appreciate other inputs, so I thank you again Chris!

And no worries about the Welcome - I'm over it. :)

Cheers -

Btw friends, what is the rough exchange (US$) at the moment?

samiam

Bronze
Mar 5, 2003
Roughly, the x-rate is 29.30-30.10

The growth in Cabarete has a tendency to go northwest, towards Kitebeach (in direction to Sosua). Atleast thats been my impression.

As a person that goes to the east alot (only for work now a days), I can tell you, once you know Cabarete and the north coast, you'll hate yourself for spending so much time in the east.

SANTIAGOorBUST

Jan 21, 2005
Much appreciated!

Thanks so much - very interesting indeed.....would anyone like to recommend any restaurants to try, hotels to stay at, etc?