For people who appreciate the Merengue and music in general

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The First International Congress of Music, Identity and Culture in the Caribbean will be dedicated to the following theme: "The Merengue in the Dominican and Caribbean Culture". The event coincides with the 150th anniversary of the first documented registry of the merengue.

The event will take palce the 8th & 9th of April, and already things are happening. Events sponsored by the Ministry of Culture, the Centro Le?n and the Institute for Caribbean Studies are on the calender.
In Santiago, the Centro Le?n will be the place for a coming together of musicians, producers and journalists.

{I'll try and find out the dates)

The 29th of January thee will be a meeting in San Pedro de Macor?s, the 5th of February in San Francisco de Macor?s and the 19th in Santiago.

I'll try and keep you posted.

HB :D:D

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
I just recently saw the Merengue danced as 'she should be danced'. It was memorable... The fellow was a little shorter than his lady.. he buried his face in between her breasts, and those two floated across a dance floor that turned to clouds wherever they went...! Memorable...