Brussels Vice squad smashes huge prostitition ring.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Very Interesting news article- Thank you

TERRY said:
http://www.expatica.com/source/site...els+vice+squad+smashes+huge+prostitution+ring
444 Dominican women smuggled into Belgium over a 10 year period.

Terry.

Wow, this is a big bust. When would coruption stop in the DR. The belgian consul in santo domingo helped all these 444 DR women into Belgium for $1,000 and Sex. And now he must face the music. Too bad for these women, they have to go back home and start all over again.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
stallion said:
Wow, this is a big bust. When would coruption stop in the DR. The belgian consul in santo domingo helped all these 444 DR women into Belgium for $1,000 and Sex. And now he must face the music. Too bad for these women, they have to go back home and start all over again.

Strange, I have never come across any of these 444 DR women here in Belgium. Too bad ;)
To clean our reputation, let me make it clear that the belgian consul in Santo Domingo is in fact a dominican, not a belgian.
Don't know if these girls are going to go back home now, this dates from 10 years ago, who knows where they are now, but anyway, if the belgian immigration department would charter a plane to Santo Domingo, I will volunteer to fill the empty seats.
Bartolomeo

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Bartolomeo67 said:
Strange, I have never come across any of these 444 DR women here in Belgium. Too bad ;)
To clean our reputation, let me make it clear that the belgian consul in Santo Domingo is in fact a dominican, not a belgian.
Don't know if these girls are going to go back home now, this dates from 10 years ago, who knows where they are now, but anyway, if the belgian immigration department would charter a plane to Santo Domingo, I will volunteer to fill the empty seats.
Bartolomeo

They probably were deported, aimed to another country, ran a few more miles, made enough money to try US through PR in yolas and most likely some of them perished in the sea and some others probably reached New York and are now living in Manhattan.

I don't think these women are still in prostitution 10 years later.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It is current. Look again at the article linked in the first post. It is dated 20 January 2005.

The article in the Dominican newspaper says the investigation on which the arrests were made has been in progress since 1998. My understanding is that the round up was just made after years of investigation and assembling the evidence.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
That's what I thought!. But some people like to twist things around. Someone said it was 10 years old. But it's all good.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
They're everywhere!!!

According to some figures that I recently read, there are around 500,000 dominican women who are working as prostitutes in different countries all over the world. I personally was surprised at the number and the reputation of these chicas when I visited Costa Rica last summer-even the police made jokes about them. They seemed to be intensely ingrained into the prostitution scene there, where this lifestyle is also legal.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Not just DR women

Not only dominican women are being trafficked around the world. Take the case of my first salsa/merengue teacher here in Belgium who told me his story. He originally was a ballet dancer in Santo Domingo. In the late '80s when he was about 25 years old, he was trafficked to Cyprus where he danced in some 'cabarets'. After that they took him to Madrid, Spain, again to perform in some sort of 'cabaret'. Next thing he was sent to Brussels, same job. He left and went to work in the grape-harvest in the french vineyards. He came back to Belgium, got a job in some bar or disco, got addicted to drugs. He then went clear again, found a job cleaning offices and then started to work as a dance teacher. He's been manically depressed, has his ups and downs, no wonder after what he's been through.
Bartolomeo