British company to invest $100,000,000 in Samana

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
We'll see. I live in Sosua now, but lived in Samana for many years before moving to Sosua. This latest announcement is another in a long list of grand projects that were going to be constructed there. I, too, hope this one comes to pass, but only time will tell. Assertions on this board that it will mean nothing.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
All the not-developed projects for Samana all were announced with great enthusiasm by the DR news media. The fact there are articles in the press does not mean the project will ever see the light of day.

For example, if you go to Samana, you will see evidence of the huge marine project that was supposed to be developed in Samana harbor that never lived up to its early publicity. And then there is the Samana airport.

andrea9k

Apr 17, 2004
Lambada said:
Thank you andrea9k, most helpful. But a question, who would 'buy in' to these shares now, way ahead of any construction?

not me :D Specially because this project does not belong to a big hotels chain, even the constructor sounds small to me... unless they receive government support... i think they are still raising money to get started.

Jess

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
In Operation Under Another Name

From the photos, my guess is this is the current Samana Bay Village or the neighboring Tropical Smile resort located about 5 miles west of Samana on the bay. Both are shown in the aerial photo on the website with TS having the reddish colored roofs to the west of SBV. Both have been struggling financially for some time with Tropical Smile currently having condos and rental accommodations on the property. It's been there under Italian ownership for some time and had another name (which I can't remember-they changed the name about 4 years ago in an attempt to upgrade their image).

Samana Bay Village is a RTI resort (or RCI) that is an independently-owned hotel in a chain of time-sharing resorts international. The owner is either French or Belgian. Both hotel's location is their biggest drawback as their beach is bayside and not a true ocean beach that is found on other parts of the peninsula.

I've visited both properties and I agree with Ken: I'll believe it when I see it.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Swingers meet Get rich quick schemers

This sounds like a recipe for Bogus with a capital "B". Although there is little doubt that consenting adults can do whatever they please and that this is actually a growing segment of the population, can you imagine the reception this resort would get from locals if it actually got built?

The website is seeking "agents:, so it's not really a timeshare, but a MLM type approach most likely.

This is, in my humble opinion, another cruel hoax.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just don't give them any money until you are absolutely certain you will get something in return, no matter how good a deal they offer for pre construction purchasers.

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
Lurch said:
You're almost as enthusastic as NalOwhs, unfortunately the worst available junk bonds would offer more creditability than the outfit behind this "proposed" project. :tired:
My hope is for the people of Samana. My wifes family is originally from Samana and I am well aware of all the BS announcements that have promised so much.
I researched Buy Bonus after I read the article,and found almost no information.which is not a good sign of credibility.However I would need a wee bit more proof before I would compare them to"the worst available junk bonds"
Terry.

Lurch

Aug 8, 2003
TERRY said:
My hope is for the people of Samana. My wifes family is originally from Samana and I am well aware of all the BS announcements that have promised so much.
I researched Buy Bonus after I read the article,and found almost no information.which is not a good sign of credibility.However I would need a wee bit more proof before I would compare them to"the worst available junk bonds"
Terry.

I fully understand your motivations and honestly all are absolutely entitled to their opinions.

However I stand by my post regarding the worst available junk bonds having more creditability than this project. Why? Because even a junk bond usually has some value even in a default scenario. This type of project :paranoid:

This project reeks of a pyramid/mlm scheme call it what it what you like. I even recall noticing on one of the websites poorly modified (photoshop?) images. If a real estate company cannot spend the capital to create basic marketing material how in world are they going to raise 100 million USD?

Of course this just my opinion.

Last edited: