calling 800 numbers from DR previous thread

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
I remember someone asking how to call 800 numbers in the US from the DR and then they figured it out. I simply can't find the thread. Anyone remember
Teacher

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
If calling from a Verizon Line Phone..........

Teacher said:
I remember someone asking how to call 800 numbers in the US from the DR and then they figured it out. I simply can't find the thread. Anyone remember
Teacher

If 800 use 880
If 888 use 881
If 866 use 882
If 877 use 883

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You will be billed for these calls unless the place you are calling has chosen to make this number available to international callers. Most haven't. If you don't want to pay, try calling the regular number and reverse the charges. This is what the credit card companies do, for example. They tell international callers to dial a regular number and reverse the charges.

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Thanks for the quick response. I don't know whether a cell phone user can use the 800 operator on the back of an ATT prepaid phone card there in the DR or not to make a call. If possible it would end up being about .22 cents a minute using a card I buy in the US. Maybe it won't work. Thanks again for the prompt reply.
Teacher

Lechero

Aug 11, 2004
I use Verizon and seem to be paying about $RD 8/ minute (the local call rate) to do the 880 method of calling the states. It is not free, but cheaper than dialing by regular US area code.

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
Lechero said:
I use Verizon and seem to be paying about $RD 8/ minute (the local call rate) to do the 880 method of calling the states. It is not free, but cheaper than dialing by regular US area code.

Are you aware of the "Callback System"??--not sure of Rates for the DR but colombian callers to the US using this system are paying .20-.23 per minute. There is a good explanation of Callback and a list of companies selling these blocks of minutes at the escape artists website. Go to: http://www.escapeartist.com ;)

Teacher

Nov 27, 2004
Miamimike said:
Are you aware of the "Callback System"??--not sure of Rates for the DR but colombian callers to the US using this system are paying .20-.23 per minute. There is a good explanation of Callback and a list of companies selling these blocks of minutes at the escape artists website. Go to: http://www.escapeartist.com ;)

I will check this out.
Thanks
Teacher