Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default calling 800 numbers from DR previous thread

I remember someone asking how to call 800 numbers in the US from the DR and then they figured it out. I simply can't find the thread. Anyone remember
    Teacher

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default If calling from a Verizon Line Phone..........

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher
    I remember someone asking how to call 800 numbers in the US from the DR and then they figured it out. I simply can't find the thread. Anyone remember
    Teacher
    If 800 use 880
    If 888 use 881
    If 866 use 882
    If 877 use 883

Mr. Main Event
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by POP Bad Boy
    If 800 use 880
    If 888 use 881
    If 866 use 882
    If 877 use 883
    interesting, good to know. thanks

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

You will be billed for these calls unless the place you are calling has chosen to make this number available to international callers. Most haven't. If you don't want to pay, try calling the regular number and reverse the charges. This is what the credit card companies do, for example. They tell international callers to dial a regular number and reverse the charges.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the quick response. I don't know whether a cell phone user can use the 800 operator on the back of an ATT prepaid phone card there in the DR or not to make a call. If possible it would end up being about .22 cents a minute using a card I buy in the US. Maybe it won't work. Thanks again for the prompt reply.
    Teacher

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Verizon and seem to be paying about $RD 8/ minute (the local call rate) to do the 880 method of calling the states. It is not free, but cheaper than dialing by regular US area code.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lechero
    I use Verizon and seem to be paying about $RD 8/ minute (the local call rate) to do the 880 method of calling the states. It is not free, but cheaper than dialing by regular US area code.
    Are you aware of the "Callback System"??--not sure of Rates for the DR but colombian callers to the US using this system are paying .20-.23 per minute. There is a good explanation of Callback and a list of companies selling these blocks of minutes at the escape artists website. Go to: http://www.escapeartist.com

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Miamimike
    Are you aware of the "Callback System"??--not sure of Rates for the DR but colombian callers to the US using this system are paying .20-.23 per minute. There is a good explanation of Callback and a list of companies selling these blocks of minutes at the escape artists website. Go to: http://www.escapeartist.com
    I will check this out.
    Thanks
    Teacher