Pat'e Palo closed down?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
One of the main restaurants on Plaza Espa?a, and setting for more than one DR1 reunion, Pat'e Palo, has been closed down, apparently by the authorities.

I've never been a huge fan of the place, but it seems a little drastic. Pat'e Palo always seemed to be the most successful of all the businesses there, so the others must be pleased, but it does leave a large gap on the square.

Anyone out there know what it's all about, and whether the closure is permanent?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chirimoya said:
One of the main restaurants on Plaza Espa?a, and setting for more than one DR1 reunion, Pat'e Palo, has been closed down, apparently by the authorities.

I've never been a huge fan of the place, but it seems a little drastic. Pat'e Palo always seemed to be the most successful of all the businesses there, so the others must be pleased, but it does leave a large gap on the square.

Anyone out there know what it's all about, and whether the closure is permanent?

I was told for remodeling. The same guy owns the Brazilian place next door, I was there last night stuffing myself with meat. Yes, it's excellent!

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
view expressed here not necessarily that of DR1

both joints, IMHO, are-were grossly overpriced in terms of quality and other options in the marketplace.

I think it is among the reasons one never needs to wait for a table.