Levi Jeans...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Well the ole Levis have about bit the dust. I want to purchase a couple pair of Levi SilverTab jeans. Where in Santiago or Santo Domingo can I purchase these at a reasonable price. I have heard they go for 100USD here. Surely that is not right.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
They are not cheap.

A shop thats sells lots of Levi jeans is based in Plaza Central, 2nd floor.
Can't remember the name, but walking round you can't miss it.

Miamimike

Jan 16, 2005
Snuffy said:
Well the ole Levis have about bit the dust. I want to purchase a couple pair of Levi SilverTab jeans. Where in Santiago or Santo Domingo can I purchase these at a reasonable price. I have heard they go for 100USD here. Surely that is not right.

Too bad you aren't in Miami-I buy my Red Tabs--second hand but in nice shape-$3-$5/pr. Sadly like a lot of Good Old American firms-a victim of outsourcing! :cry:

rm85

Nov 24, 2004
At Acropolis Center Levis has store.I'm not sure how much the jeans will be but at the acropolis mall i think stores tend to charge a bit more than other places.

dontuseEltour

Feb 2, 2003
wonder why there so costly in the DR since they make them in HAITI.Levis outsorced to the DR them to HAITI. Hardly any are made in the US any more.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Robert said:
They are not cheap.

A shop thats sells lots of Levi jeans is based in Plaza Central, 2nd floor.
Can't remember the name, but walking round you can't miss it.

If it is the one I recall it is the Levi's shop , they have a few of their own world wide.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
Can you wait a week? Doing some final shopping weds. at a local mall (Pennys, Kaufman's etc) before leaving for DR Friday morn. Will be in Santiago for 1 or 2 days (side trip to Jarabacoa too) for some golf and Hillbilly cigars. Not sure of the price but think $25 to $45US should cover a pair, possibly less at TJ Maxx. Give me your size, phone # and how many- will bring 'em to ya.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Randy...

RandyE said:
Can you wait a week? Doing some final shopping weds. at a local mall (Pennys, Kaufman's etc) before leaving for DR Friday morn. Will be in Santiago for 1 or 2 days (side trip to Jarabacoa too) for some golf and Hillbilly cigars. Not sure of the price but think $25 to $45US should cover a pair, possibly less at TJ Maxx. Give me your size, phone # and how many- will bring 'em to ya.

I sent you a PM. Check it.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Levi's You Want?

Today I went over to Playa Dorada Plaza, because my Levi's were getting a bit shaby, if you go up stairs to Jimenez Tienda (Store) you will find all the local made Levi's your little heart desires.........

So now I've sparked your interest you want to know how much I paid right?

Ok, I bought 2 pairs of Levi's Original 501, Preshrunk Jeans, Button Fly @ RD $ 600.00 Pesos each ( $20.00 Bucks US ) and for you Zipper lovers they also stock them.

You had better stock up now as they tell me this is a special price........Cheapy Cheapy.

Gringo

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Gringo said:
Today I went over to Playa Dorada Plaza, because my Levi's were getting a bit shaby, if you go up stairs to Jimenez Tienda (Store) you will find all the local made Levi's your little heart desires.........

So now I've sparked your interest you want to know how much I paid right?

Ok, I bought 2 pairs of Levi's Original 501, Preshrunk Jeans, Button Fly @ RD $ 600.00 Pesos each ( $20.00 Bucks US ) and for you Zipper lovers they also stock them.

You had better stock up now as they tell me this is a special price........Cheapy Cheapy.

Gringo

Are those originals? Do the metal tabs have the Levi mark? Thanks for that info.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I don't think I would bet my check on that

Counterfeit jeans and counterfeit clothing as well as counterfeit cigars are a happy business here. At that price, they have to be fakes, good ones perhaps, but fakes.

If you want, bring a pair here and we'll go over to the factory and test them...:D:D:D

HB :D

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I just had a look~

Snuffy said:
Are those originals? Do the metal tabs have the Levi mark? Thanks for that info.

The Little Metal things are marked L.S.& CO. S.F. ( They also have the Red Tab on back pocket)

Hillbilly if these are fakes then they are very good ones!

Hillbilly the last time I also bought my Levi's at the same store and remember at that time RD$250.00 and they wore like the real mccoy.

Gringo