Moving to Puerto Plata - Costambar, Cofresi

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Hi,

Can somebody please give me some information about Puerto Plata.

What I need is some information where to live. I have heard both good things about Costambar, Cofresi I do not know much about. Are there other places? What do you recommend?

What I need is:

2 bedroom apt. or smaller house
Safe calm area
24 hours power

Ps I have lived in the DR for 3 years

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Nobody??

Nobody knows nothing about Puerto Plata?????

DR Mpe said:
Hi,

What I need is some information where to live. I have heard both good things about Costambar, Cofresi I do not know much about. Are there other places? What do you recommend?

What I need is:

Safe calm area
24 hours power

john cast

Oct 3, 2004
water

DR Mpe said:
i was their a week ago water water everwhere i like sosua better even in the rain but the streets were busy with both locals and tourists

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
DR Mpe said:
Hi,

What I need is:

Safe calm area
24 hours power

You can find what you want in Costambar, Sosua, and Caberate. You may find something in the town of Puerto Plata itself. Lots of info. here. Just do a search. I don't know of other places...but they probably exist. I would go for Costambar or Caberate.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
DR Mpe said:

Most of the members are situated in Santo Domingo, Susua and Santiago. Costambar is really good if you want to be close to downtown puerto plata. You could also try Torre Alta and urbanazcion Bayardo in puerto plata, both are good residential areas.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I can narrow it down for you in 3 seconds on the North Coast!

stallion said:
Most of the members are situated in Santo Domingo, Susua and Santiago. Costambar is really good if you want to be close to downtown puerto plata. You could also try Torre Alta and urbanazcion Bayardo in puerto plata, both are good residential areas.

Puerto Plata.......You said you wanted 24hr. light?

You will only find this in limited area's of Torre Alta and close to the Playa Dorada Power Plant.

Bayardo is also a very good upscale area, However limited light!

24hr. light is indeed a luxury in this Country and comes at a premium price in these selected area's.

I saw two listings in the Dr1 Real-Estate section ( Torre Alta ) with 24 hr. light, Both listings $300.000 Plus.

Of course you could go the Inverter or Generator route that most of us have done for many years now!

Gringo

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Lambada said:
Suspect no one has responded because there is already quite a bit of info in archives.

True, but then things changes. A safe area becomes unsafe, a unsafe area becomes safe...

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
Gringo said:
Puerto Plata.......You said you wanted 24hr. light?

You will only find this in limited area's of Torre Alta and close to the Playa Dorada Power Plant.

Bayardo is also a very good upscale area, However limited light!

24hr. light is indeed a luxury in this Country and comes at a premium price in these selected area's.

I saw two listings in the Dr1 Real-Estate section ( Torre Alta ) with 24 hr. light, Both listings $300.000 Plus.

Of course you could go the Inverter or Generator route that most of us have done for many years now!

Gringo

Thanks for your reply. I forgot to write that firstly I am looking for rental. I have lived in DR for three years, mostly Sosua in hotel areas, and have had no problem with power (Hotels, community areas with Planta).

Are there "Apartment buildings" in costambar, Torre alta with bigger apartments that shares a planta?

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Forgive me for asking,

but if you live in the DR, wouldn't it make sense for you to go to Costambar, POP and take a look around. That is how I found my apartment in Costambar, just went to the apart-hotels, and asked if they had any rentals available, looked at three, made my mind up and voila.
Since you gave pretty general info here, a person could make all kinds of recommendations, but would they be to your liking??
Since you are there, take a look around, talk to real estate agents that deal with rentals, do some leg work, then come back to the board and ask if the places you have seen are in an ideal neighbourhood etc.
Just a thought, and please do not think I am being harsh, it would just be easier for someone to give you info on a specific area that actually has rentals available, then sending you somewhere where there possibly isn't anything available at the time.
Marlie

SLowman

Sep 9, 2004
Possiblt Solution for You

I you are living by yourself, and a 1 bedroom apartment would do, I have a possible solution for you. You can email me privately at skim61@msn.com and I will be happy to give you more information about a nice apartment complex with 24 hour power, safety, and reasonable pricing.