Punta Cana on Thursday! Looking for a good driver, where to see a baseball game, DIT

auburnfan

Jan 24, 2005
So we're heading down for 10 nights, leaving Thursday morning, and my wife and I are extremely excited.

We're staying in Punta Cana at Bavaro Beach, and have already arranged the Monster Truck day trip. We're going to do the whale-watching stuff while we're there since the timing is perfect, but beyond that, we don't have much planned. I am so glad I found this site, as it's a mountain of information that is extremely helpful.

I'd really love to go see a baseball game of some kind, but I'm not really thrilled about traveling all the way to Santo Domingo by bus or something, so I'm wondering if there's somewhere closer, or if there are small planes you could charter to get into the city.

Also, I'm very interested in a helicopter tour, if those are available.

Another thing I'm interested in is finding someone with experience with a driver. I've read about Wilson Guzman, but I think he's in Puerta Plata, so if there's someone similar around Punta Cana, I'd appreciate any info you could provide.

Lastly, any other must-do's around Punta Cana, please let me know. I've heard something of zip-lines or sky-buckets or something to the top of a mountain, not sure exactly of details or where it may be, but it sure sounds fun. If there's something cool you know of, I'd appreciate the info.

Also, if anyone is going to be there at the same time or lives there, please look me up, we can have a beer together! Local knowledge is the best kind!

Thanks!!

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Hotel taxis will be just fine and can be booked right outside your hotel. Share one with other guests for cost saving. Your hotel will have lots of other excursions for you to take. Helicopter tours are offered on site.

Forget about the baseball games. Since the finals are on they are taking place in Santo Domingo and Santiago, the two cities where the two teams that made the finals are from. If you came into Santo Domingo to see a game, would strongly suggest you overnight at one of the hotels of the Colonial City, but that would take up at least two days of your stay.

Note that the whale watching tour is a whole day tour, and I understand the monster truck also.