how often do you type out your whole reply, and when it's time to click "submit"...

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
how often do you type out your whole reply, and when it's time to click "submit"...

...you just think: "ahhh, who cares, what's the point", and never publish it?

i do fairly often.

caro

Sep 24, 2003
I read everyday dr1 since maybe up to 2 year....and you don t see much reply of me ....maybe I have too the symptom of who care or I just don t want rude answer because my english are not really well

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
The thing is we do care

caro said:
I read everyday dr1 since maybe up to 2 year....and you don t see much reply of me ....maybe I have too the symptom of who care or I just don t want rude answer because my english are not really well

I don't think Caro you should ever worry about how good your English is and never let that stop you from sharing your thoughts with us all.

You will be understood just fine and will be admired for having the courage to share your opinions with the other members.

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
caro said:

your english is not perfect? who cares? ;)

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
yeah what's the point, even people from English speaking countries can't pell :laugh:

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Replies

Liam1,

I have often refrained from posting responses in the past.
I guess I choose to self edit. Many times it seems like someone has already covered the ground my post would have.

JD

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
when its time to click submit...

I know for sure the post is going to get me banned from the board, or give me a wack of warning points... then I click the back button instead. ;)

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I find myself doing this a lot. There are some posters that I just don't care to bother with, when I feel their comments are out-of-line. I admit to sitting on my hands many times, for fear my mouth is going to get me into trouble (again). What's the point? :cool:

Last edited:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Well, English spelling and grammar are not the points

However, strange as it may seem, I, too, have done that very thing.

And you all must know that it is mostly when we are facing another one of those: "I just found the love of my life" threads, or "I am moving to the DR and have a 'few' questions...So I think: "WTF? Why bother???" But sometimes I'll fight it off and post no matter.

I keep thinking "Maybe this one will listen" ...

I guess that is Hope springing eternal........

Have a good day, all y'all!

HB :D:D

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Regarding the OT, it happens to me too, when my better judgement kicks in.

Pib said:
If I had posted all those I'd have a higher post count than Hillbilly.

Is he the first one to approach the 5000 mark? I think we'll have to think up a tagline for that occasion.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
caro said:

caro, I bet you have a lot of interesting and helpful information that you could share with the rest of us. It is a shame that you are holding back because you are worried about expressing yourself perfectly in English.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
liam1 said:
...you just think: "ahhh, who cares, what's the point", and never publish it?

i do fairly often.
I sometimes fall into that trap, but not very often.

Most of the time I post what I am thinking and/or what I believe. If another person took the time to say what he/she thinks, I know I can too.

Now, whether the responses are intellectual in nature, criticism, stupid, or plain old mean, that has no impact on my decision to type what I want to type.

Different people will respond, but they respond AFTER THEY READ WHAT HAS BEEN POSTED AND THEY QUICKLY ANALYSE WHAT THEY READ.

Each response simply says to me that what I posted was important enough for people to respond to it.

And even if they don't respond, I know that more than a few people read what I posted, developed their opinion, but decided not to post their opinion. The fact that I know what I type will be read is reason enough for me to keep on posting.

In fact, I'll use this opportunity for all those who truly feel either pro or against anything I said on any thread, to let me know via a PM.

Through a private message I treat people the sameway that I do if it was in person. Sometimes on the threads, things get a little out of hand and at times, agression may be present in order for someone to get their message across.

But, I never bring such thing into a PM, because if you went as far as to contact me about something I said via a Private Message, then at the very least you deserve by respect towards you not as a debator or critic, but as a human being.

Many people here have noticed this about myself (ie. Leslie, Narcosis, etc) and other (I'll say no screennames, but you know who you are) have not.

In fact, I'll even ask Leslie, Narcosis, and others who have contacted me via PM about something to attest to what I am saying here.

Last edited: