Santiago

miami33172

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 18, 2004
What/Where are the best dance clubs in Santiago that play both merengue and salsa? What dance clubs in Santiago only play salsa music?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
miami33172 said:
What/Where are the best dance clubs in Santiago that play both merengue and salsa? What dance clubs in Santiago only play salsa music?
There are several types of dance clubs in santiago which appeal to different types of folks. There are clubs that only play typico music with a mix of cheap ghetto merengue. Then you have clubs in poor areas that play bachata and cheap ghetto fast beat merengue and papi papi, papi chulo type hooker music.
Finally you have the better class discos and bars which play a mix of both merengue and salsa and some reggaetton.
Shakabana: new club in los jardines, Av texas (plaza matilde).
Espazio: brand spanking new club in Calle Beller.
Tribecca cafe: ask a cab driver how to get there (very crowded on weekends)
Francifol cafe: calle del sol , corner general lopez. Crowded on weekends, small place, expensive.
BIU pub: below hollywood movie theater. Newly renovated disco. Spacious, mix of both current merengue and salsa and everything else, but lately the place is invaded by teeny, young crowd. I felt like a grandaddy there (I am only 41).
I recommend shakabana which is not so crowded and plays good music.

Enjoy.
AZB

Havent we spoke of these posts???
AZB said:
There are several types of dance clubs in santiago which appeal to different types of folks. There are clubs that only play typico music with a mix of cheap ghetto merengue. Then you have clubs in poor areas that play bachata and cheap ghetto fast beat merengue and papi papi, papi chulo type hooker music.
Finally you have the better class discos and bars which play a mix of both merengue and salsa and some reggaetton.
Shakabana: new club in los jardines, Av texas (plaza matilde).
Espazio: brand spanking new club in Calle Beller.
Tribecca cafe: ask a cab driver how to get there (very crowded on weekends)
Francifol cafe: calle del sol , corner general lopez. Crowded on weekends, small place, expensive.
BIU pub: below hollywood movie theater. Newly renovated disco. Spacious, mix of both current merengue and salsa and everything else, but lately the place is invaded by teeny, young crowd. I felt like a grandaddy there (I am only 41).
I recommend shakabana which is not so crowded and plays good music.

Enjoy.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
miami33172 said:
What about Ambis I and Ambis II club? Are they popular?
This is the problem with the santiago experts who don't live in santiago, they all mention Ambis. So who ever told you about ambis is either a dominican york or someone who was taken there by a chopo. Its one of the oldest discos in santiago but unfortunately, its full of Dominican-york chopos. Many drug dealer type folks are seen there. the reason ambis is so popular among certain types of folks is because all the beautiful hooker dressed girls in the back bar are indeed hookers who are looking for clients. All chopos (low lives) and dom-york go there to get hooked up with freshly arrived dom-york girls, barrio cuties or simply a hooker when everything else fails. No person who frequents Tribecca, francifol, shakabana and espazio will be caught dead in ambis. On the other hand, Ambis is also freshly renovated and packs a good crowd on weekends. They play all kind of music, merengue, salsa and most popular dom-york chopo music: musica typica and Bachata (trade mark of dom-york). Now I better shut my mouth before badpiece kills me.
AZB

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hello AZB and thanks for the update on the dance spots.I'm hoping to make it the weekend of Feb 4th to Santiago! I'll be PMing you with details.

Anyone else want to go dancing in Santiago??? We are definately not slumming it while there either......LOL