Rocky's Bar Sosua

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
I am now curious who you are ! I would think you are regulars on these boards.

Late November last year, Saturday afternoon. I came into Rocky?s with a friend and sat at the bar. There were two of you sitting at a table close to where I sat. Both around my age.

We talked a little and one of you told me that the morning's were the best time to catch more of the expat?s etc. What I think you may remember best is that when you told me about the DR1.com website I asked ?is that D dot R dot 1 dot com?. We had a little back and forth regarding that as I was trying to make sure I had it right. Finally you guys got it into my head that it was just dr1 dot com with no dots between the D, R and 1.

Are you regular poster?s on this board then and if so do you remember giving me that information.

If so I sure hope now you don?t regret doing it, lol.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
May have been me as this seems familiar. I had breakfast there every day that month and usually sit at the back 6 person table with people coning and going from the table. May have been Rick who was the other one. El Viejo here I believe.

Scott

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Don't think so Scott

Escott said:
May have been me as this seems familiar. I had breakfast there every day that month and usually sit at the back 6 person table with people coning and going from the table. May have been Rick who was the other one. El Viejo here I believe. Scott

I wondered if it was you Scott but I looked up your photo in the picture's on this site and didn't think you were one of them.

The table was a smaller one near the front door and the one gentleman (ok) had a good head of grey hair and was mid forties to early 50's.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
I usually sit on the last table on the upper level. If you were at the 3rd table It would have been next to the one I was at. Sometimes the big table is either full or there are people that I don't want to eat next to and I may sit closer to the front. Who knows, but it sounds like some conversation I had.

Welcome here in any case!

Scott

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
possibily

Escott said:
I usually sit on the last table on the upper level. If you were at the 3rd table It would have been next to the one I was at. Sometimes the big table is either full or there are people that I don't want to eat next to and I may sit closer to the front. Who knows, but it sounds like some conversation I had.

Welcome here in any case!

Scott

You may very well have been one of the two Scott. You don't have a full head of grey hair tho do you ?

But anyway, I have done everything but thank the two guys for giving me the heads up on this site.

I have certainly learnt a lot from here.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Grey hair

There are several who could fit the description, and I do have lots of pics to help you find the culprits who got you addicted to DR1.
Send me an e-mail, if you like, and I'll send you back a few pics. (of gray haired men, of course, no triple X pics)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Kiwicanuck said:
You may very well have been one of the two Scott. You don't have a full head of grey hair tho do you ?

But anyway, I have done everything but thank the two guys for giving me the heads up on this site.

I have certainly learnt a lot from here.

I have salt and pepper hair. Rick has a full head of grey hair and we are actually talking about it now and he has the same memories that I do and he also thinks it was the two of us.

Who knows. Welcome. This sight has been unbelievably important to me and my living in the DR. There was a wealth of people here with a wealth of information here for me to MINE like gold. Just like mining for gold you have to pick out the nuggets from the crap and there is usually more crap than gold but such is life.

There are a bunch of great people here that will give you all the info you could possibly use without having to go anywhere else. If you can't take a hard time and ribbing at times without having your feelings hurt at times it can be difficult for some but it is worth it.

Scott

PS> There are some or a few that will prey on newbies. They will only try to make money off of you. You will figure whom these people are.

Last edited:

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
Picture's tell the story, again

Rocky sent me some photos like he said he would and I recognised Rick as the one with the grey hair that had given me the initial heads up to DR1 dot Com Website.

I don't really remember who was with him so presume if it was Scott then I would guess that Rick is a little more 'out-going' than what Scott is ?

It was Richard (Mag's wife, from Century 21) who gave me Rocky's Bar as the best networking place in Sosua.

Mucho gusto Rick and Scott for both forcing it into my head that there were no 'dots' between the D,R and 1.

At least dos El Presidente cerveza's for each of you next time I am in Sosua,si.

Kiwicanuck

Dec 4, 2004
www.kiwicanuck.com
so much for proof reading, lol

Escott said:
Rick is definately more outgoing than I am. He is nicer and friendlier also. I very rarely speak with people I don't know. I can't wait to tell Mags wife Richard you said so:) Scott

I guess I should maybe proof read more often and save on the freudian slips Scott. You are giving me a good lession in being thick skinned. I appreciate it.

One doesn't learn anything for nothing so your El Presidente's will have to be Granded.