Two days...No Electricity...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Has anyone heard of any fuel shortages here lately...last week or so? Trying to figure out why suddenly we are experiencing long outages here in Santiago. For last two days we have experienced long outages. Perhaps it is just the token outages to remind everyone to buy inverters. Ahhhhh...as I speak the power comes back on. Is God a DR1 member?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Where I live in Sosua there has been a significant change since the 16th of January. Previously we averaged about 2 hours a day on the generator, now it is about 9.

I hope we aren't returning to the bad days.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Here in Santo Domingo, I can't remember the last time the light went off! Knock on wood!! :nervous:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Snuffy said:
Has anyone heard of any fuel shortages here lately...last week or so? Trying to figure out why suddenly we are experiencing long outages here in Santiago. For last two days we have experienced long outages. Perhaps it is just the token outages to remind everyone to buy inverters. Ahhhhh...as I speak the power comes back on. Is God a DR1 member?

Why yes I am... ;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Ken said:
Where I live in Sosua there has been a significant change since the 16th of January. Previously we averaged about 2 hours a day on the generator, now it is about 9.

I hope we aren't returning to the bad days.

There was a 'heads up' about this in the press a couple of weeks back. It said, if I recall correctly, that max. they could supply was 70% of demand & they asked the population for their 'understanding'!!!
Whether the money the Government says it will pass over to electricity sector after signing of IMF accord, will make any difference, I have no idea.
In our part of Puerto Plata, we have been on invertor for about 5 hours in afternoons & 20 mins. at night...........all very manageable.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Lambada, thanks for reminding me of that article. Let's hope that we won't have to be "understanding" after the DR gets its money form IMF.

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Two days and you're moaning?

Sounds like every other day for me! Come and join us up in hills my friend and I'll give you some survival tips. Where I live the whole supply blows for around a week every month or so. I'm now personal friends with all the Edenorte staff - I can even name them - Johairy and Dikey (the girls) and Carlos (the boss man).

Oh - by the way my neighbour has had no electricity now for nearly a year. They can't find his fault. If anyone knows anyone who knows someone who can fix electricity supply problems and fly's high at Edenorte perhaps you could put them in touch with me - his house stands in perpetual darkness and has become a target for thieves. - Puts two days without luz into perspective huh?

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Simon & Nicky said:
Sounds like every other day for me! Come and join us up in hills my friend and I'll give you some survival tips. Where I live the whole supply blows for around a week every month or so. I'm now personal friends with all the Edenorte staff - I can even name them - Johairy and Dikey (the girls) and Carlos (the boss man).

Oh - by the way my neighbour has had no electricity now for nearly a year. They can't find his fault. If anyone knows anyone who knows someone who can fix electricity supply problems and fly's high at Edenorte perhaps you could put them in touch with me - his house stands in perpetual darkness and has become a target for thieves. - Puts two days without luz into perspective huh?

I didn't think I was moaning. We have had good electricity for some time now and suddenly it appears the problem has returned. The sudden change prompted me to ask. That is all. Where is "in hills"?

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
A chance meeting with one of the lawyers from the firm that represents Shell revealed an interesting fact. There has never been a fuel shortage in fact the Shell company has plenty of Diesel/Gas and always does so. Even during that time where there were long line ups at the pumps, no power and many stations closed?There was more then enough fuel to go around?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
The so called "Fuel" shortages are when the "Generators"

accumulate debt with the "Oil" companies,and they won't give them any more credit!
By the way,anyone who relys on information in the "Media" about the where,when,and why of the energy shortages is being manipulated.
When the power is "ON",it is "ON",when it is "Off",it is "OFF"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pick the "reason de jur" from the 100s in the media!