nightlife in punta cana?????

curiousnjcpl69

Jan 11, 2005
Hi all,

Can anyone tell us where the best nightlife spots are in punta cana??? what discos to go to or bars or nightclubs..........

thanks .... :nervous:

BigCity27

Mar 4, 2004
curiousnjcpl69 said:
Hi all,

Can anyone tell us where the best nightlife spots are in punta cana??? what discos to go to or bars or nightclubs..........

Good luck, let me know when you find one. If you're staying at an AI, they'll most likely have some lame dico on-site with you, the bartender, & 5 other people. Have fun!

Drgirl

Oct 30, 2002
curiousnjcpl69 said:
Hi all,

You can go to Mangu, It is located at the Grand Flamenco.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
At Mangu's they have an upstairs room that plays good House - I used to sit downstairs complaining about the Hip-hop not knowing there was good music upstairs.

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
discos

Mangu disco is in the Grand Flamenco hotel
Areito disco is in the Bavaro Princess hotel
Pacha disco is in the Riu hotels

All of the above allow people staying at other hotels to go there, also local people.

Pacha is free entrance, the other two you pay an entrance fee which includes one drink.

Your hotel will probably have a disco too, some good some not so good. These tend to finish around 2am. The ones outside carry on until around 6am if the crowd are still there.

What hotel are you staying in?

curiousnjcpl69

Jan 11, 2005
susie x said:
Mangu disco is in the Grand Flamenco hotel
Areito disco is in the Bavaro Princess hotel
Pacha disco is in the Riu hotels

All of the above allow people staying at other hotels to go there, also local people.

Pacha is free entrance, the other two you pay an entrance fee which includes one drink.

Your hotel will probably have a disco too, some good some not so good. These tend to finish around 2am. The ones outside carry on until around 6am if the crowd are still there.

What hotel are you staying in?

We will be staying at the Grand Palladium Bavaro-- arounf Feb 16th.......realy looking forward to it--and just wanted to make sure where the best night spots are..... we like to go where there is a mix of locals and turists....its more fun.

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
We are going there too, on Feb 24. You will like the hotel we have stayed there before. The hotel has two discos one is called Merengue and it is poor, but the other one is called Cachet and it quite good some nights, it is a good starting point, a warm up before going to a

Mangu is in the hotel right next door, Areito is a short taxi ride and Pacha a little further.

In Plaza Bavaro just outside the hotel, there is also 'Rincon',it is small but popular. More locals than tourists go there but tourists do go too, they play local music at Rincon.

curiousnjcpl69

Jan 11, 2005
susie x said:
We are going there too, on Feb 24. You will like the hotel we have stayed there before. The hotel has two discos one is called Merengue and it is poor, but the other one is called Cachet and it quite good some nights, it is a good starting point, a warm up before going to a

Mangu is in the hotel right next door, Areito is a short taxi ride and Pacha a little further.

In Plaza Bavaro just outside the hotel, there is also 'Rincon',it is small but popular. More locals than tourists go there but tourists do go too, they play local music at Rincon.

hey susiex,

thanks for all the info, we are looking forward to letting loose ans havin fun...we have been to puerto plata in the past and la romana--hear that PC is really good also.....too bad we are gonna miss each other by one day--wecould have met up for a brugal...lol what part of the country are you traveling from? we are in the NY area

la flor

Jan 6, 2005
no night life

I went to Punta Cana and found it absolutly boring!!! the area I thought was beautiful, but as far as fun, we had to venture off to Higuey, which is about 45min, away! at least there was some action there!

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
curiousnjcpl69 said:
hey susiex,

thanks for all the info, we are looking forward to letting loose ans havin fun...we have been to puerto plata in the past and la romana--hear that PC is really good also.....too bad we are gonna miss each other by one day--wecould have met up for a brugal...lol what part of the country are you traveling from? we are in the NY area

Yeah that is a shame we could have hooked up for some rum and gone out clubbing together and chucked a few shapes on the dancefloor.

We are from the UK not the US.

Bavaro is much quieter than the north, it is beautiful and there is good nightlife, just less than in the north.

Hope you enjoy!

sorry posted twice

susie x

Jan 17, 2004
curiousnjcpl69

If you discover any new clubs or think any where is worth checking out, post it for us we will check it out. We will look at the DR1 site whilst staying there.

Also simpson Homer is worth asking (lives in Canada now, I think) about that area, originally from there. Knows about "other" clubs in that area, if I remember correctly.

Have fun!

Last edited:

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
any new clubs?

I am not sure where to go this year--Punta Cana or Puerto Plata. I have been to Puerto Plata 3 times and really like the night life in Playa Dorado and in the city as well. I searched and came across this thread.

Am more interested in local music rather than all the techno stuff.

Dsboss

Feb 26, 2008
mangus, puna, right around the corner and bavaro dicotec in barcelo beach/golf/caribe/palace were all good and all open till 5-6am

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
that late (early?)haha

I thought everything had to be shut down early in DR? Have things changed now?

Feb 7, 2007
mangus, puna, right around the corner and bavaro dicotec in barcelo beach/golf/caribe/palace were all good and all open till 5-6am

It's Mangu - it's the worst disco (although most packed of all) in bavaro, lots opf drugs and working girls
Punta - is not a disco but a whorehouse
Barcelo Disco - Open to guests of Barcelo Bavaro Beach hotel guests
(not to other Barcelo area guests - Barcelo Dominican Beach nor Barcelo Punta Cana)

The discos I like - Areito right next to Paradissus Punta Cana, Tropicana * a disco in a cave, about 15 mins from Plaza Bavaro on Friusa - Cabeza de Torro road, Pacha in Riu hoteles, but open to public only when some artist is playing.

All are open till early morning hours (4-5 am), but I think the cave disco opens only on Thu/Fri/Sat.

* The name I am not 100% sure about. It's the cave disco, but the name I came across while searching for it online.

Steves-bavaro

Mar 2, 2008
It?s called "the Cave" since about 3 or 4 month, after another change.
First time on reopening was quite crouwdy, but ten ...
I went one more time, arriving arround 12.30, there were nobody, exept the workers and us (6 people).
Sorry for beeing negative, but that?s the way it was.

Steve...ENJOY...

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
surprising

I am surprised that nightlife seems to be so limited with so many tourists going there. Of course, that is not all that is important but I love the DR music and there are so many places in Puerto Plata that you can hear it.

Are the clubs open late in Puerto Plata as well or are they still on the curfew?

Hel and back

Sep 14, 2007
Has no-one been to Hot Spot? its just off the road between El Rincon bar and the petrol station at Fruisa - only open friday/saturday and sunday but when I was there, there was a good mix of people and music and it is also in a cave. Also only opened a couple of weeks is El Pulpo Cojo down on the beach in Cortecito - whilst it is a restaurant on one side, there is a large "casual" area on the other side, nice seating areas with music and I would susupect, later on in the evening, dancing - nice chill out area with security so I would suspect, no prostitutes or drugs!