Alternative to Boca Chica

NY GUY

Jan 26, 2005
The events that happened a few days explains alot now, because my driver was calling me the other day asking for money stating that things took a turn for the worst.

If the late night "entertainment" is shut down, then really there is no point to go to boca chica. Because the decor is nice, but the prices in those restaurants are way overpriced, and it doesnt make sense spending that extra money on something you already bought for the night anyway.

My suggestion is check out San Pedro, i think that the selection is of much better quality. My personal favorite is Sammy Sosa's club on sunday nights. there, you will get all you need and more.

Another alternative is the check out this dive joint near Decameron in Juan Dolio, there you will find a nice selection of entertainment to hold you over during the week.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
NY GUY said:
The events that happened a few days explains alot now, because my driver was calling me the other day asking for money stating that things took a turn for the worst.

If the late night "entertainment" is shut down, then really there is no point to go to boca chica. Because the decor is nice, but the prices in those restaurants are way overpriced, and it doesnt make sense spending that extra money on something you already bought for the night anyway.

My suggestion is check out San Pedro, i think that the selection is of much better quality. My personal favorite is Sammy Sosa's club on sunday nights. there, you will get all you need and more.

Another alternative is the check out this dive joint near Decameron in Juan Dolio, there you will find a nice selection of entertainment to hold you over during the week.
The samething happened to Sosua when Leonel cleaned that place a few years ago. Of course, the economy there took a hit, but it recovered.

Expect the same to happen to Boca Chica which could now drop its other nickname (Boca Sida).

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Nal0whs said:
The samething happened to Sosua when Leonel cleaned that place a few years ago. Of course, the economy there took a hit, but it recovered.

Expect the same to happen to Boca Chica which could now drop its other nickname (Boca Sida).

I have been going there for 6 years and nobody calls it Boca Sida nor have I met anyone who has ever contacted SIDA (Spanish for AIDS). You really do a disservice to honest businessmen with a nonsense expression that is also unfounded.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
ricktoronto said:
I have been going there for 6 years and nobody calls it Boca Sida nor have I met anyone who has ever contacted SIDA (Spanish for AIDS). You really do a disservice to honest businessmen with a nonsense expression that is also unfounded.
I live in SDQ and I've heard more than a few people call it that.

The reference is to the Prostitution deal and the high risk of contracting aids through such activity.

BC being a prime Prostitution spot, the number of people getting aids there could be higher than other places. Such assumption is not based on anything other than common sense.

You consider prostitutes a reputable business??

liam1

Bronze
Jun 9, 2004
Nal0whs said:

no, but the local hotel/restaurant/bar/club/souvenir shop owners are reputable businessman and they will suffer the most. the prostitutes will not all of a sudden become hardworking housewives. they'll just move the SD, sosua, POP or elsewhere, or, the whole industry will move underground and there'll be more pimps and local criminals making money off of the girls. when there is a demand, supply will come.

NY GUY

Jan 26, 2005
Yeah I agree the Mafioso there will take over, some boss probably paid the police to raid. They just have to decide what kind of town they want it to be, most people like myself like to come what I look for and go.

NY GUY

Jan 26, 2005
Nal0whs said:
I live in SDQ and I've heard more than a few people call it that.

The reference is to the Prostitution deal and the high risk of contracting aids through such activity.

BC being a prime Prostitution spot, the number of people getting aids there could be higher than other places. Such assumption is not based on anything other than common sense.

Don't you dare make negative connotations about prostitues. I take pride in spending 100 dollars for repeated incriments and afterwards having the girl tell me how much she loves me.

Furthermore, Prostitution is even more prevalant in SDQ is just not as advertised as in Boca Chica.

bcmike

Jan 29, 2004
NY GUY said:
Furthermore, Prostitution is even more prevalant in SDQ is just not as advertised as in Boca Chica.
Geez, now tourists will have to go to Sosua to get away from it ;) .