For those who have been to Jarabacoa.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
I wanted to find out some general information about Jarabacoa. Stuff like things to do. I know it's a very quiet town, but are there any clubs or bars for young people to hang out. I am 24 years old. Is there a internet cafe?. Best places to hang out at night and in the afternoon. Any parks? and any other unformation that you might thing is helpfull. Thanks all.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Go to Parque central (sp?) and from there, work your way out. There is an internet cafe right across the street from the park and I heard a disco was opened recently but have not been there yet. There are tons of beautiful girls in Jarabacoa and beautiful natural sights to see. Go to the park on Sunday afternoon and people are out drinking beer and dancing all day and night. Beautiful girls everywhere. I found the girls to be very receptive to Americans and unlike North coast girls, they do not look for money or gifts.

Larry

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Larry said:
Go to Parque central (sp?) and from there, work your way out. There is an internet cafe right across the street from the park and I heard a disco was opened recently but have not been there yet. There are tons of beautiful girls in Jarabacoa and beautiful natural sights to see. Go to the park on Sunday afternoon and people are out drinking beer and dancing all day and night. Beautiful girls everywhere. I found the girls to be very receptive to Americans and unlike North coast girls, they do not look for money or gifts.

Larry

Very helpfull information larry. Thank you very much. I will look at all the places you mentioned.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
stallion said:
Very helpfull information larry. Thank you very much. I will look at all the places you mentioned.[/QUOTE

You're welcome. There is a beautiful waterfall in jarabacoa where they filmed a scene from Jarassic park. I can't remember the name of it but I recommend you go see it.

Larry

edited to add : I think it was Salto Jimoa (sp?). Can anyone confirm?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Chirimoya said:
Salto Jimenoa is one of the waterfalls near Jarabacoa.

That's the one, thanks. It is a nice, scenic ten minute walk along a path to get to the falls.

Larry

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
stallion said:
I wanted to find out some general information about Jarabacoa. Stuff like things to do. I know it's a very quiet town, but are there any clubs or bars for young people to hang out. I am 24 years old. Is there a internet cafe?. Best places to hang out at night and in the afternoon. Any parks? and any other unformation that you might thing is helpfull. Thanks all.

Go to www.mogote.com. This site has a lot of pictures of Jarabacoa and Gente. There are lots of pretty girls in Jarabacoa, I've met many, but my wife has my heart and a firm grip, so all i could do was look.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Stallion,

The other well known waterfall in Jarabacoa is salto Baguate. The town is also the jumping off point for whitewater rafting on the Rio Yaque Norte as well as canyoning/cascading, hiking, horseback riding, etc.

One of my favorite memories of the DR is the parade of beautiful horses and their riders I witnessed from the balcony of the Mexican resteraunt next to the Parque Central at sunset.

I went to one little disco there, but I couldn't find it again if my life depended on it.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
bob saunders said:
Go to www.mogote.com. This site has a lot of pictures of Jarabacoa and Gente. There are lots of pretty girls in Jarabacoa, I've met many, but my wife has my heart and a firm grip, so all i could do was look.

Thanks for the website. Your wife must be a lucky lady to have a great guy like you. So many beautifull women, buy you only managed to take a peek only. Good for you, too bad your wife was not reading this post. thanks again.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
sweetdbt said:
Stallion,

The other well known waterfall in Jarabacoa is salto Baguate. The town is also the jumping off point for whitewater rafting on the Rio Yaque Norte as well as canyoning/cascading, hiking, horseback riding, etc.

One of my favorite memories of the DR is the parade of beautiful horses and their riders I witnessed from the balcony of the Mexican resteraunt next to the Parque Central at sunset.

I went to one little disco there, but I couldn't find it again if my life depended on it.

thank you for the good info. I think i am going to love the scenery in Jarabacoa.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Salto Jimanoa pics

Great little day trip.

saltojiminoa3.jpg

And yes, they sell Presidentes out there too.

saltojiminoa5.jpg

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Wow

Cleef said:
Great little day trip.

saltojiminoa3.jpg

And yes, they sell Presidentes out there too.

saltojiminoa5.jpg

Thanks those are some fantastic pictures of the water falls. Thanks a million.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Parque central is all covered up by construction material and all torn up. They are renovating the whole park, thus no activities near the park for a long time to come.
AZB

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
AZB said:
Parque central is all covered up by construction material and all torn up. They are renovating the whole park, thus no activities near the park for a long time to come.
AZB

Good to know. Thanks for letting me know.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
AZB said:
AZB

I went to this central park today and it looked like a construction site. Cant wait to see what it will look like when they are finished.