Wanted: Cabaret/Sosua Hotels with Internet Access

kevin11

Jan 27, 2005
Hi - I am coming to the north coast for 4-6 weeks in late Feb. and was hoping someone could make recommendations on nice accomodations that offer in room 24/7 high speed internet access.

I am also looking for something that offers the following:

• Close to the beach
  • Has security
  • attractive weekly or monthly rental costs
  • safe, secure area

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Kevin

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
kevin11 said:
Hi - I am coming to the north coast for 4-6 weeks in late Feb. and was hoping someone could make recommendations on nice accomodations that offer in room 24/7 high speed internet access.

I am also looking for something that offers the following:

• Close to the beach
  • Has security
  • attractive weekly or monthly rental costs
  • safe, secure area

Thanks in advance for your replies!

Kevin

Sosua is a small place. There are many internet cafes and there are a few wireless places as of these days. Rockies has wireless and its $18 a night.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The plug

Jimmydr said:
Sosua is a small place. There are many internet cafes and there are a few wireless places as of these days. Rockies has wireless and its $18 a night.
Thanks for the plug, Jimmy.
As we don't have long term rentals, we wouldn't qualify for "attractive weekly or monthly rental costs".
That being said, if one brings his own laptop with wireless capability, we can have you hooked up in 5 minutes to a DSL line, if this qualifies as high speed.
There is no charge for this service.
If someone needs the internet service right there in their hotel/condo/apartment, there are a few possibilities in Sosua. I believe that Condos Dominicano offers that service, as well as a hotel on Pedro Clisante behind News Cafe, and there may be a few condo owners who offer the service as well. I believe that Escott has internet in his condos.

kevin11

Jan 27, 2005
Rockies for $18 a night sounds like a heck of a good price. If wireless service is available, then can a wireless laptop grab the signal from the rooms?

Are there any pictures available of the units at Rockies?

Thanks,

Kevin

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
kevin11 said:
Rockies for $18 a night sounds like a heck of a good price. If wireless service is available, then can a wireless laptop grab the signal from the rooms?

Are there any pictures available of the units at Rockies?

Thanks,

Kevin

I'm curently staying at Rocky's and get a "weak" signal in my room and a "good" signal on the patio. The rooms are basic and clean, check his web site for pictures. www.rockysbar.com
Rick

Thebes

Jun 18, 2004
The Pariso de Colon has (or had) internet via ethernet cables in some rooms when I stayed there in the summer. I only stayed because of the internet and much of their website was inaccurate, so I would only recommend them if you have no better options. Perhaps they have fixed things up for the winter though.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I openned Rocky's page, out of curiosity, and the first sentence reads:
'Rocky's is a "downhome" type of friendly bar that caters mostly to ex-patriots and tourists.'

'ex-patriots'? does this mean it caters to former New England Patriots fans?

Mirador

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Ex-pats

Mirador said:
I openned Rocky's page, out of curiosity, and the first sentence reads:
'Rocky's is a "downhome" type of friendly bar that caters mostly to ex-patriots and tourists.'

'ex-patriots'? does this mean it caters to former New England Patriots fans?

Mirador
That's a new one for me, and who knows?
If Philly happened to beat the Pats on Sunday, would that mean that we would be swamped the next day for breakfast with "former New England Patriots fans"?

hooligan202

Feb 13, 2004
Will have high speed or wireless connection at Hotel Aventura close to Cabarete, has an opening special $450 a month seems to be a new place to go very chica and price friendly, bar and restaurant, has some fresh faces in the way of chicas, quite a few are only semi pro. www.aventura-hotel.com

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
hooligan202 said:
Will have high speed or wireless connection at Hotel Aventura close to Cabarete, has an opening special $450 a month seems to be a new place to go very chica and price friendly, bar and restaurant, has some fresh faces in the way of chicas, quite a few are only semi pro. www.aventura-hotel.com

Bolding mine.. somehow I've learnt not to trust those words in the DR... Will have.... Yea? When?
The other untrustworthy words are only semi pro. I don't know what this means, a part-time hooker? Only sometimes a hooker? A hooker when she meets the right man? Yeah! only part-time? must be a good girl ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
hooligan202 said:
Let me translate it for cris, being a women, she is a bit slow.
semi prof and nice chicas = nice decent girls but they can become your wives for the night or for the week, depending on good price / offer.
What I have gathered from pictures on the link is that most are UBH who will charge premium if you plan on being a sucker for the week.
Friendly bar and prices = UBH's all over you and ordering drinks on your bill that will alone exceed national budget of haiti.
If you guys want some better looking chicas that what is shown on the website, contact Marc in rocky's. He seem to have figured out where to find the best ones in north coast, the rest of the rejects end up in hotels like this guy's.
Have fun.
AZB

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Yikes !!!

AZB said:
contact Marc in rocky's. He seem to have figured out where to find the best ones in north coast, the rest of the rejects end up in hotels like this guy's.
AZB
I resemble that remark...

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZB
contact Marc in rocky's. He seem to have figured out where to find the best ones in north coast, the rest of the rejects end up in hotels like this guy's.
AZB

There can be no higher endorsement than that of AZB. Marco has years of diligence in sorting the pearls from the shells. He always takes care of my lady needs.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
hooligan202 said:

Nothing like attracting attention. Especially on a high profile site like DR1 that is read by plenty of Dominicans that live and work here.

"Sex vacations in the Dominican Republic"
"Find sun, sex, love and adventure in an exotic, erotic vacation retreat!!

The local newspapers just eat that sort of stuff up.
If you see a girl with blonde hair, holding a mic and with a TV crew, her name is "Nuria". Trust me, she is not from Tourismo or looking to help you promote your hotel.

I guess it will not be long before Politur are beating down your door and testing the depth of your pockets.

Last edited: