THank you DR1

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I was crossing JFK in Santo Domingo on Maximo Gomez and as I am stuck in traffic a BoZo for lack of a better work rolls up to my window and tells me I went through a red light (which of course I didn't) . He was riding a 50cc old bike and asked me for my drivers licence. I looked at him and asked if he was AMET and he said "no Policia National". I looked at him and said "NO Amet only. He says to follow him to a AMET Cop and I let him pull in front of me and when he went past the next intersection I made a right and cut and run.

I never would have known that ONLY AMET can give tickets had I not read it hear.

The intersections are getting more dicey in Santo Domingo these days. Now when they try to approach your car to wash the windows they throw the sponge from 20 feet away so you can't tell them no. One thing about being in Santo Domingo that is different than in other parts of the country is guys aren't on the side of the road taking a leak. What a country! What class!

Escott

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Well, that explains it. There was a PN at El Neptuno this morning looking for you. He told Ramona that a warrant had been issued for your arrest for fleeing from an police officer. You had probably better stay in hiding for awhile. There is a stake out on your apartments.

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Escott said:
I was crossing JFK in Santo Domingo on Maximo Gomez and as I am stuck in traffic a BoZo for lack of a better work rolls up to my window and tells me I went through a red light (which of course I didn't) . He was riding a 50cc old bike and asked me for my drivers licence. I looked at him and asked if he was AMET and he said "no Policia National". I looked at him and said "NO Amet only. He says to follow him to a AMET Cop and I let him pull in front of me and when he went past the next intersection I made a right and cut and run.

I never would have known that ONLY AMET can give tickets had I not read it hear.

The intersections are getting more dicey in Santo Domingo these days. Now when they try to approach your car to wash the windows they throw the sponge from 20 feet away so you can't tell them no. One thing about being in Santo Domingo that is different than in other parts of the country is guys aren't on the side of the road taking a leak. What a country! What class!

Escott

If he was a Policia Nacional guy, then maybe you should had adhered to his request. After all, he was going to take you to an AMET guard to resolve the problem.

Remember, ever since Leonel came back, the police seem to be getting their pay checks on time, because they are doing a fantastic job (compared to the limbo of the past 4 years).

About a week ago I was given a ticket for passing a red light (it was actually on yellow). The AMET guard was not intimidated that he was walking up to a luxury car (which almost always means a person of power is behind the steering wheel). Even after he saw me, he kept on doing his job.

Did I paid the ticket? Yes, for two reasons.

1. It was no big deal.

2. I am always complaining how corrupt the police is, now that they are trying to be less corrupt (at least AMET is trying) why would I try to corrupt them by not paying their tickets? Especially when I know that the light probably turned red when I was half way the intersection.

However, if the AMET guy was playing games with me, not only would I not had paid the ticket, but I would have made sure that guy would never work again at AMET. Since he was doing his job, I didn't do that.

Let's give these police a bit of our respect so they can continue to do their job right. However, if you get a corrupted police claiming false accusations, then you should get in touch with a few high position people to get those rotten apples off their undeserving badges.

Escott said:

Escott

That Bozo was my cousin Scott, he told me to get you at a NYC dr1 reunion and have you pay for Larry and my drinks for entire night as your fine. ;)
Badpiece

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
Escott said:

Escott

If you're looking for a hiding place, you're welcome in Pto Chiquito anytime.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
badpiece33 said:
That Bozo was my cousin Scott, he told me to get you at a NYC dr1 reunion and have you pay for Larry and my drinks for entire night as your fine. ;)
Badpiece

That sounds good. He has to drive me home too.

Larry